Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I'm ignorant about these matters but I have to use the Internet a lot and I'd love to be told how to do this.
    Thank you so much for any suggestions.
    What service are you using ?

Max Sprint d/l speeds are 80Kbps
    Max Cingular (EDGE) d/l speeds are 220Kbps

Edge's latency however will slow down speeds on small byte transfers such that it feels equivalent to 80Kbps.
    I didnt think T650 supported EDGE networks. Does it?
    Treo 650 supports EDGE
    Perhaps increasing your cache size will speed up the browsing of sites you frequent
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    What service are you using ?

Max Sprint d/l speeds are 80Kbps
    Max Cingular (EDGE) d/l speeds are 220Kbps

Edge's latency however will slow down speeds on small byte transfers such that it feels equivalent to 80Kbps.
    Not true on the Sprint speed. I've gotten 115kbps before according to speed tests from here:
    www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    Sprint speeds depends on where you are. I average 115kb when i have full bars.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=data+rates
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    one thing that can help browser speed is to use a proxy server. if your carrier uses one, set it in Blazer, or find a free one somewhere on the internet. A good proxy server will compress text significantly, convert images to jpg and resize them and reformulate text to a layout that is easier to read on the Treo. The proxy also reduces that amount of data being downloaded so it appears to speed things up!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have 2 MB earmarked for storing pages, yet when I go back a page, Blazer seems to download the page (~200 KB) all over again. Is there a setting to tell Blazer to actually use this memory? I can always refresh if I need an update.
    I use Web Pro in conjunction with PX Clocker utility. Web Pro running at 468Mhz flies! For whatever reason, the Blazer browser remains slow when overclocked, but Web Pro really speeds up when overclocked. Takes about 25 seconds to load most pages completely. I just timed the loading of http://www.yahoo.com with the cache cleared... took 23 seconds. Cached pages take less than 10 seconds.

PX Clocker allows me to overclock specific applications, rather than the entire system. I only overclock Web Pro. I think the program needs to be in main memory, not card, to be overclocked.

Nate
    I also use pxa clocker in conjunction with webpro and xiino, and the speed is much faster.....they will still run fast from the card if u use powerrun....it works for me just fine!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503