Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    After completing the 1.08 upgrade this past weekend, I just realized all of the photos and albums I had on my 650 are now gone. Does anyone know where they are backed up on the PC when synching? Hopefully they aren't lost for good.
    They should be backed up on the PC. I believe if you go into the Palm Desktop and click "Media" it should open up a viewer for all the photos loaded after your last sync.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    You might also want to spring the 19.99 for SplashBlog, and upload your pics to a blog as you take them, that way, you've always got a definite backup of your pics online.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    if not check under your "Program Files" folder usually under the C drive, and in the "PalmOne" folder, then your Hotsync Name/ID, click on "Photos" it should be in one of the folders in there..
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. The albums are there... but for some reason all the photos that were in the albums are gone. Bummer.
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, when I did a hard reset. The Treo stores the pictures in an unusual hidden place*, which is NOT visible as a normal database. As a result, the default backup conduit, as well as most other Palm backup programs don't see them. Also, there seems to be a bug in the Media conduit where it thinks that all the pictures are gone from the Treo, you must want them deleted on the computer as well. Grrrr...

* Actually, it's a hidden internal ramdisk, that looks and acts just like an SD card with a FAT filesystem.