Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    nice find migs!! I can confirm that!
    Last edited by whidden; 04/29/2005 at 10:38 AM.
    WOW!!!

Is it me or is this lightyears ahead of the apps we're using. I feel like i'm playing with alien technology.

If this thing could read scanned .pdf and .tiff files i could die a happy man...
    Is nobody willing to share yet?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This browser is definitely way more advanced than all the browsers I have tried for my 650. I just wish it was a bit more stable. I have noticed that when browsing, it disconnects me from the internet every couple of minutes of being idle having access to the tools would probably solve this. Maybe someone here can contact the developer of piscel browser and let them know that there is a lot of people interested in their product. I for one would be willing to pay for a treo optimized version.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    This browser is definitely way more advanced than all the browsers I have tried for my 650. I just wish it was a bit more stable. I have noticed that when browsing, it disconnects me from the internet every couple of minutes of being idle having access to the tools would probably solve this. Maybe someone here can contact the developer of piscel browser and let them know that there is a lot of people interested in their product. I for one would be willing to pay for a treo optimized version.
    There is another thread with a link to Picsel's website question/comment submission form. We are trying to get as many people as possible to submit a request that Picsel release its browser or viewer for use on the Treo. I suggest you submit a similar request and hopefully they will see they are missing a great business opportunity.
    Thanks to a kind forum buddy I don't need the files anymore .. if anyone is still in need, please send me a pm or email and I'll try to help as long as possible.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am looking for the files also
    can someone kindly email me one please?
    What is the difference between Picsel and Adobe's own Palm reader?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    What is the difference between Picsel and Adobe's own Palm reader?
    It allows native pdf files
    Anyone have any luck with scanned or fax .pdf files?
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Anyone have any luck with scanned or fax .pdf files?
    No, it won't read them unfortunately. It's weird because I don't know how the program can tell the difference.

The browser definitely looks great, but I'm afraid to use it much because I don't know what it does to the cache (don't want to kill a few megs). Does anyone know how to empty the browser cache?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    No, it won't read them unfortunately. It's weird because I don't know how the program can tell the difference.

The browser definitely looks great, but I'm afraid to use it much because I don't know what it does to the cache (don't want to kill a few megs). Does anyone know how to empty the browser cache?
    My guess is it's looking for multiple "picsels" - perhaps it sees a faxed document as a single picsel and cannot read due to the size?

One interesting thing to me is that it can read any word, excel, powerpoint document without difficulty too so it's not just for pdf files.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    My guess is it's looking for multiple "picsels" - perhaps it sees a faxed document as a single picsel and cannot read due to the size?

One interesting thing to me is that it can read any word, excel, powerpoint document without difficulty too so it's not just for pdf files.

What's wierd is that it knows how many pages the fax .pdf file is...

Anyone know someone in China that has the Samsung i539 Palm smartphone that we talk to? We really need to get to the bottom of this...

Last edited by mshaw1515; 04/29/2005 at 06:05 PM.
    FWIW, Xpress Mail (only on Cingular phones, but the app is freely downloadable from Seven) will open PDF, Word, and Excel files. There are two limitations:
    -There is no formatting. The text only is extracted. I'm sure it's not the same experience as with Picsel.
    -It will only open files obtained from the remote server. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $browse$ $local$ $directories$.
    can someone please send me the file?
    Dear all,
    i've also tried the picsel viewer on my treo 650 gsm but i got a infinite reboot.Anyone has tried it.

Can someone send me this program?

Thanks
    Newbie to TC. Dedicated Treo lover. I too would very much appreciate a copy of the files or a link where I can download them. Many thanks!
    Can someone send one my way? (english version)

caseyatbt(at)myway.com
    Can someone send it to mee tooooooo> PLEASE macnrover at comcast dot net.
    thanks
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast