Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I just figured out the pdf attachment from wireless sync. If I load PalmPDF to RAM (instead of running from the card using a ZLauncher shortcut) and then start PalmPDF before starting email (it looks like I have to go into PalmPDF then use the hard email button) then the pdf attachments go directly to PalmPDF. Works great! I haven't gotten Picsel Browser to work that way, so I guess I'll be keeping PalmPDF in RAM just for the attachments.

JPVann -- do you mean where to get Picsel Browser? Go back in this thread and you'll find it. I think the best link and instructions were on about page 17 of this thread.
    PalmPDF runs just fine off the SD card without the need for ZLauncher or any other software. So if it's attachments you want to see, it should work if you run it, then use the hard button to get into mail (once you run it, it's in RAM, but when you're done, it shouldn't stay there. Haven't e-mailed myself a PDF yet, though.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    JrrInTN,

Thanks for the info - must have missed that page!
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    For a limited time only...they are available here:

http://homepage.mac.com/mobhansali/FileSharing2.html

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I wonder if someone has already tried native pdf on PalmPDF and DocsToGo
    Which one is better ? (less crash)
    i have out of curiousity and found that DTG is better overall, for me,as far as stability and usability,imho.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Can someone PLEASE email me the Picsel (modified for 650) zip archive? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor
    Can someone PLEASE email me the Picsel (modified for 650) zip archive? Thanks in advance.
    Read post #432.
    Shneor
    I need the PCRP, SMPTfiles. PM me if you have them
    I went ahead and cleaned up some of the menus, so you actually get text in the form boxes, instead of the gibberish characters. In the file is also the UMHD.prc file you need to install.

Directions for installation:
    1. Download and unzip all the files to a memory card
    2. Run the UMHD program (you can move it to RAM if you wish), and enable it
    3. Run "Picsel Browser.prc" from the memory card
    4. This may or may not cause a soft reset - go with it either way
    5. Once your Treo reboots, run Picsel Browser.prc again, and you're done.
    (Note: if it didn't cause a soft reset, perform one anyway after step 4)

-Mike Knoop

FILES:
    http://www.mikeknoop.com/upload/picsel.zip
    are people still using this with palmpdf and DTG out?? what gives??imho besides the browser I personally see no reason for this now.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I googled last night for a long time for a manual for the browser.
    It's for the Samsung i730 phone
    Look for this file: "i730 Picsel Browser User Guide.pdf"
    I found it here:
    http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/...35&AT_ID=54337

Some of the options and settings are different than the version I've read about here, but this guide, (24 pages), was very helpful for me.

NOTE: This is the English version (Guide)
    Jon
    Last edited by Jon_J; 12/23/2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added a note
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKnoop
    I went ahead and cleaned up some of the menus, so you actually get text in the form boxes, instead of the gibberish characters. In the file is also the UMHD.prc file you need to install.

Directions for installation:
    1. Download and unzip all the files to a memory card
    2. Run the UMHD program (you can move it to RAM if you wish), and enable it
    3. Run "Picsel Browser.prc" from the memory card
    4. This may or may not cause a soft reset - go with it either way
    5. Once your Treo reboots, run Picsel Browser.prc again, and you're done.
    (Note: if it didn't cause a soft reset, perform one anyway after step 4)

-Mike Knoop

FILES:
    http://www.mikeknoop.com/upload/picsel.zip
    Loaded the files, I already have UDMH running. Clicking on Picsel does nothing much - the screen goes blank, than my normal app screen returns after a couple of seconds. It did reset the first time I tried it.
    Shneor
    Ahh, shneor, I know what you've gotta do. Use filez or a file management utility and COPY the "English Language Pack" and "Picsel Browser Core" .pdb's into the RAM. Then you will be able to launch it.

And as far as uses for this program, I use it as a browser (not a primary) because of its insane rendering skills.

-Mike Knoop
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKnoop
    Ahh, shneor, I know what you've gotta do. Use filez or a file management utility and COPY the "English Language Pack" and "Picsel Browser Core" .pdb's into the RAM. Then you will be able to launch it.

And as far as uses for this program, I use it as a browser (not a primary) because of its insane rendering skills.

-Mike Knoop
    Thx, Mike.
    Shneor
  15. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Any way to get it not to crash if you try to go into Prefs?
    aph, there are 2 library files mentioned in this thread.
    http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...0&page=1&pp=15
    They allow the prefrences panal to be accessed.
    I know it's a long thread, just search for:
    "PCRP" & "SMTP"

Jon
    PCRP.PRC & SMTP.PRC

I need these. The only link I ever saw to dimitri someone has dried up. can someone email them to me at unclekeg@hotmail.com?

Thanks!

uncle
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    How is this different from using Dataviz "Documents to Go" (which also opens PDF files/Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
    Yeah, Dataviz is the best thing on the market now, but the PDF viewer has only been around about 6 months or so. Dataviz is now the only way to go in my opinion, I used to (still do) have a website where I do PDF conversion for Treos but I did this before Dataviz released their product. www.pdf2pda.com was/is my site, but I plan to take it off line because now I even use dataviz.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Well,

I finally got Picsel Browser working on the Treo 650. Nice software, I would like to buy it (More stable new versions made for Treo. The version I have has strange characters when pop up messages come up and seems to freeze at times, even after using Picsel Accelerator.prc ) Any ideas?

So I write the company.

Hello Wilson,

Thank you for contacting Picsel. Currently we are only releasing Proviewer (Picsel File Viewer) to the end users and you can view the details of the application at our website. For your information, Proviewer does not support HTML. Picsel Browser might be release in the future as we are still concentrating on our development of Proviewer at the mean time. Kindly visit our website at www.picselpowered.com for more information on our products and releases.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Picsel Customer Support Team

Looks like something in the future, but you never know with marketing and release dates.