Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
    Guys, can you pan and zoon on an html file? I don't think so. Also pdf 2 html will not work with heavy graphics. Take 10 heavy graphic pdfs and forward to pdf2html@adobe.com. 5 of the 10 will be blank documents. Nobody is making outlandish claims. I'm just offering a solution that works 100% of the time and is fully supported. You guys are a tough crowd. I've put more research into pdf reading on a Treo than most likely any of you, so I already know what works and what doesn't work, I'm not about to lie about it. I'll try to create a FAQ to calm you guys down a bit.
    Can someone please send me the files needed to load Picsel Viewer on m Treo 650. Please send them in English. Thanks
    Here is an example PDF for you guys to play with. Send this to pdf2txt@adobe.com. you'll notice you only get the TEXT and none of the graphics. Then send this to pdf2html@adobe.com. First Adobe will return a zip file instead, then you have to unzip that to get your HTML, and guess what the html is blank. So who was saying that they had good success with pdf2html@adobe.com. Were you maybe doing something differently, maybe I am using a different email address than you?

Example PDF. Make sure you open this first with adobe acrobat on your pc so you will know what to expect. This includes txt and graphics.

http://www.ccs5000.com/pdf2tif/pdf2tif.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by cookjeremiah
    Guys, can you pan and zoon on an html file? I don't think so. Also pdf 2 html will not work with heavy graphics. Take 10 heavy graphic pdfs and forward to pdf2html@adobe.com. 5 of the 10 will be blank documents. Nobody is making outlandish claims. I'm just offering a solution that works 100% of the time and is fully supported. You guys are a tough crowd. I've put more research into pdf reading on a Treo than most likely any of you, so I already know what works and what doesn't work, I'm not about to lie about it. I'll try to create a FAQ to calm you guys down a bit.
    I absolutely agree that pdf2html isn't the solution for graphic heavy pdf's.... but isn't "garbage". I use it routinely for those pdf's in which I need to read the text. I don't want to pan and zoom - most of the pdf's I need are articles and newsletters, so graphics are usually not important to me. I use Picsel for those rare times in which the graphics are important.

I'm sure you have researched the topic and provide an alternative that will be worth it to some; I'm merely suggesting that if you dial down the defensiveness, you may find folks more receptive.
    I apologize for coming off defensive, just doesn't make sense for folks to bash my posts as spammy. We are all looking for a solution that works for viewing PDFS. I agree, Picsel Browser is a great solution but it just isn't all the way there yet, not that my solution is perfect. Remember Picsel Browser isn't supported and it is very tough for the average user to install. It requires a real power user to get it up and running and then using it isn't as streamlined as using Acid Image to view Tifs. I used Picsel Browser myself before I wrote my conversion service. If you take a look at the pdf above and try to view it on your PC and try to view it on your Treo, you will see that even Picsel Browser has problems with some PDFs. At least that was true for me when I just tried it. Some of the hand written text was cutoff in Picsel Browser but viewable with Adobe Acrobat on my pc.

As far as my service goes,
    I will add a color conversion service soon, but I have kept it greyscale for now for size constraints. I still think Acid Image works out to be a much better viewing solution than Picsel Browser. Much more stable and easy to install and supported. Downside is you just have to get the files converted and Acid Image isn't free (really, neither is Picsel Browser, everyone is just cheating). Maybe someone else will host a free PDF2TIF conversion service, maybe even adobe will, but I don't plan to make mine free. Maybe Acid Image will reduce its price one day. Maybe even Picsel Browser will one day put a supported version for the Treo up for sale on its site.

But until then, my solution works with every pdf I have ever tried and it is supported. I will update you when I take a website online that accepts credit card. Maybe I can work out a deal with Acid Image "something like, if you buy my service, I'll give you a discount coupon towards Acid Image?"

For now, I have many people emailing me for requests to demo my service. Usually everyone who demos buys it. I just send out paypal requests now for $25. I have over 25 paying customers and they are all very happy with the solution.

Most that have signed up have also tried Picsel Browser and have been unhappy with the heavy memory requirements and the fact that it is unsupported and finally not as user friendly as the Acid Image solution with Tifs.

So again, Picsel Browser is cool, keep on using it. This is just an alternative for those who want to keep their Treo super clean, supported, and stable and still have a PDF viewing solution.

http://jeremiahcook.blogspot.com
    Last edited by cookjeremiah; 08/13/2005 at 04:03 PM.
    Hi Guys

Could any one please send me the link for Picsel Browser or the browser itself.The main reason that I bought the Treo was because I thought it is compatible with native PDF file.Please help me.
    Could anyone also sent me the files? I already have most of them, I'm only missing the driver files smtp.prc and pcrp.prc.

Thanks in advance.
    Bump
    Last edited by spollo; 09/08/2005 at 06:07 PM.
    Can someone please send me the files needed to load Picsel Viewer on m Treo 650. Please send them in English. Thanks or tell me where to get then
    thanks
    found it in the post

thanks
    please for me too everything I need to install picsel browser or itself - thanks
    Haha at all the requsts, I actually did get the browser up and running! Unfortunatley I'm plagued with a few "Error 2"s, anyone get this? I've only got 3 files on the palm currently, the "Browser Core" "Browser" and "English Langauge" file. I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind posting a complete set of files to pull this off, or even better, if someone wouldn't mind e-mailing or PMing me! Thanks!

-Mike
    I just thought I would mention that I only today learned of this program, read EVERY post here in this thread, along with following some of the links.

As a result, I got Picsel working very stably, and even running of the SDCard with PowerRun.

I mention this just so you, a new reader can know that it CAN be done.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I am getting there . I have the three files on my card but they dont want to go to the ram. I am not sure I am using zlauncher correctly. when I press and hold, and select move I get a tree diorectory going down from card -DCIm -palm-launcher when I press ok i get error system 0502. Any body see what I am doing wrong. I'd l ike this because I am a contractor and scan all important quotes invoices etc into my computer and save them as pdf's. So I could have all pertinent docs on hand if AI can make this work. I installed Zlauncher as well and that alone has all kinds of features i dont comnprehend yet. Is this to hard for someone who is not a rocket scientist?
    Ok I got it to move but now I have a document error47 when I try and launch. ??
    This may be beyond me. I haven't a clue if i've done something wrong or what. Also I cant load pdf files which were created from scanned docs. it says ther is noo support for this file in palm quick install. Maybe i will have to live with mobile adobe reader and convert on the pc. any help or pity greatly appreciated. tim
    Hmm, this is interesting. If anyone has any new information about these, please share.

1. Are there any full english versions? I've got the chinese one, I'm thinking about ripping open the .pdb's and converting the rest of the menus, etc.

2. Does the palm soft reset when anyone tried to open up preferences, if yes, were you able to fix it?

I'm about to rescan each of the 21 pages his thread has and see if I cant find any info.

-Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    Of course you can read pdf files with Adobe Reader for palm OS. Free and easy, has a conduit, acts like Docs to Go sort of. Love it.
    THIS is my problem! I have Adobe Reader for Palm v3.05 installed on my T650, but CANNOT read simple text pdf attachments from emails (VersaMail or IMAP mail) . I get "download complete" and "Open or Save?", but it crashes no matter which I choose. Any ideas?
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realtygal
    THIS is my problem! I have Adobe Reader for Palm v3.05 installed on my T650, but CANNOT read simple text pdf attachments from emails (VersaMail or IMAP mail) . I get "download complete" and "Open or Save?", but it crashes no matter which I choose. Any ideas?
    New Docs To Go is supposed to support native PDFs. I don't know if it is out yet but it will be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    This application is nothing short of breathtaking
    It makes everything before it totally obsolete - period.
    The Web Browser is absolutely stunning - incredible - unbelievable. I am really really impressed - this IS the future and we have seen it!
    Does this replace Blazer on T650? If so, do I uninstall Blazer? If so, how? Thanks in advance.