Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Dutch... The UDMH is vital?
    For me it was to copy the file from the sd card but not to use it.
    No trial.... bummer
    nevermind just found the trial
    Trial for what? I thought this was an "unlocked" application ...

What's UDMH?

Please summarise the install process .. which file goes where (RAM vs SD Card) in the QuickInstall? Ideally, I'd put them on all the SD card. Can I?

Do I have to install the Chinese Fonts Pack?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    all of your questions are answer in the post, except 1

yes you do need the chinese font pack
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Trial for what? I thought this was an "unlocked" application ...

What's UDMH?

Please summarise the install process .. which file goes where (RAM vs SD Card) in the QuickInstall? Ideally, I'd put them on all the SD card. Can I?

Do I have to install the Chinese Fonts Pack?
    read the thread and check the links. If you can't figure it out you may want to stear clear.
    I figured it out (the trial was for UDMH).

I read up on UDMH. Seems a little risky. I'll use it only if I must.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I managed to get it working too (found no need for UDMH). A few questions:

1) I can open what I like to call "pretty" PDF files -- fully searchable, converted ones. Can't open a scan that has been saved as a .pdf (and, therefore, can't open faxes via RightFax). Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the software.

2) Using Chatter, I can save .pdfs to my SD card and then open via Picsel. If I try to open from Chatter, it shows Picsel as a choice, but I get a reset.

3) I can't get what I assume to be the options panel to appeal (the picture of the tools; I don't read Chinese). When I select it, I get a reset.

4) Is there a manual for this anywhere? I've figured out most of what to do by trial and error, but I actually like to RTFM.

Thanks!
    2) Try emailing Marc(chatteremail) and see if he can add better support.
    Well I was able to move all files to RAM with the help of UDMH but I can't open any pdf's. As soon as it attempts to open the file it crashes.
    Reset was caused while running "Picsel Browser":
    SystemMgr.c,
    Line:6714
    SysLinkerStub():Failed
    to load the shared library

Oh well...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yay! I got it to work. Not sure how but I did. Could use a manual so I can figure this out a little better though.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I can't wait to try it!!!!
    Hmmm... can someone post some more detailed instructions on how to use the actual software? Maybe even how to get the instructions in English? Zooming in and out?

It's a good find, but a lot of hassle for something so simple.
    seems simple to me...just mess around with the icons. if one crashes the treo don't tap it next time.
    When your tapping around finds the icon that lets you use the English language file eating up 230k and apparently serving no purpose, please let me know.

Seriously -- do you get a reset when tapping the tools icon?
    I do. I tap the file cabinet(open) icon and navigate from there.
    Do NOT try to search for "picselviewer.prc" hoping to get the English version to work on the 650. I just recovered from a hard reset.
    I passed on this.. I wasn't feeling brave enough.

I wasn't going to give up any RAM, I hardly ever read PDF's on the Treo, and Doc2Go works fine for Office files...

My Treo hasn't crashed in weeks. Why jinx it?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Wow. I installed this on my SD card, and it runs fine from there (no text in the buttons, but it's Chinese so it wouldn't work anyway). Not only does this browse PDF files, but it is a GREAT browser, zoom/pan, multiple page navigation, etc.

Boy does this show up Adobe/Palm in a big way. This has been a huge missing piece and here it shows up in such an obscure way that we really have to just stumble on it. I am incredibly happy -- PDF was the last file format I regularly received that I couldn't read on the Treo.
    I'm suprised that this thread isn't getting a lot more attention!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast