Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpvoss
    Was a hotsync required only once, for installation purposes, or every time you received another PDF email attachment?
    A hotsync is always required for installation...so yea that's a given. But roppper was referring to the Adobe Acrobat program, which has to be converted on a PC to PDF format....

If you'll read this thread, specifically the first 2 pages (or so) and the last 2 pages (or so) and you'll get the jist of how to view PDF files without converting them on a PC....and/or without hotsyncing.
    Well it's been a good day experimenting. Thanks to all for the help getting flash player working.

I have now got Picsel Browser working pretty well but I could use a little help with the following:

when I first enter the browser I get a "document error" message. I think this is related to a missing help file or something like that. If this is the case where do I find that file. I loaded "english language pack", "picsel browser" and "picsel browser core". Or is this something else?

when I try to use the "Preference" button myTreo resets. Anyone know the cause?

when I name a bookmark, get a ok or cancel button it seems like it is in some Russian like language? Any ideas?

If I use UDMH with Picsel browser it resets my Treo. I just set UDMH to not work on Picsel but is on for Flash. Does this seem reasonable?

is there an english language manual somewhere?

I realize some of this may be in the thread but at 19 pages it is getting hard to follow it through a logical progression.

I would certainly appreciate any answers to the above. Or perhaps someone could post the location of the "correct files" and a procedure to correctly install. If I can get some help I would certainly be willing to help the next person through. I have been fairly active on this PDF issue and I am now using the PDF2TIF service with Resco Viewer successfully. If anyone has questions on that please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Marv (VZW Treo 650)
    Does anyone have the browser help pages? If so could you email to me at wolfsons@easystreet.com.

Thanks

marv
    I'm looking for the same thing.

I need to open a pdf file that will be attached to emails without hotsynching...
    I have a solution for viewing PDFs on your Treo or Treo 650.

Check out my blog post:
    http://jeremiahcook.blogspot.com/200...-for-treo.html
    Why use that totally inelegant and off topic solution when the topic of this thread works fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Why use that totally inelegant and off topic solution when the topic of this thread works fine?
    and FREE!
    Woah, Picsel Browser is far from elegant. First of all, it is completely unsupported on the Treo. Second, it is not quite legal. Third, it is a pain in the rump to install. Fourth, it has cryptic error messages sometimes not even in english. Fifth, it crashes every 4th time I run it. Sixth, some people require UDMH to run it. Seventh, it doesn't associate itself properly with pdfs so you can't just click on a pdf in your email and have it automatically open with Picsel Browser.

And finally, I repeat, it is unsupported.

So back off with your 'inelegant' comment.

Again, this is a 'real' business solution I am offering, not a gadgeteer's solution. Try convincing a business with a fleet of Treos to install Picsel Browser on their Treo fleet.

Again, check out my post at:
    http://jeremiahcook.blogspot.com/200...-for-treo.html

Oh, and before someone says "TreoCentral discussions don't attract business users, stupid." I'll reply with "I've just sold this product with installation on exchange servers to 4 different businesses so far, and I've only advertised on Treo Central. And guess what, they all think it is well worth it."
    Last edited by cookjeremiah; 08/05/2005 at 08:11 AM.
    I was able to find a copy of the BrowserHelpPages.PDB and I loaded them the same way I loaded all the other Picsel files but I still get the Document Error screen upon opening the Picsel Browser. It also says the same thing if I hit the "?" button on the Browser screen. Has anyone got this file working?

Thanks

Marv
    Still inelegant, off topic, unfree and spammy ...

Anyway thanks for the Picsel info everyone.. I http://www.picsel.com/contact_us/consumer_support/ and asked them to support Palm!~
    I'd really love to get the files as well. Cheers in advance!

minusspam [at] gmail [dot] com
    If I can make the BrowserHelppages.pdb to work I will be happy to send it around. Any info on how to make that file work. I still get the error message of looking for a file when I launch Picsel browser.
    Jeez, this is sad. Picsel sits around waiting for someone to pcik up the license (they were licensed to Sony, but Sony then dumped Palm), while all of their potential customers scurry around and pick up pieces of the code until they have the full setup on their Palm.

You can't bottle up this sort of thing. We learned that with MP3s.

Can somebody please smack Picsel upside the head and tell them that nobody wants to license it? It's stand-alone, so no software company is going to try to buy it as an add-on, and PalmOne considers Documents-To-Go to be "good enough." Give up, for crying out loud! Just stamp a big, fat "Buy Now" button on your page and get that shopping cart online!

They are now sending cease and desist letters to forums that post links to download their software. It would be NICE if they gave us a legal way to acquire it in the meantime.

Just ranting and blowing off steam....

- Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Still inelegant, off topic, unfree and spammy ...

Anyway thanks for the Picsel info everyone.. I http://www.picsel.com/contact_us/consumer_support/ and asked them to support Palm!~
    I disagree. The topic is PDA viewer for Palm, not "Free PDF viewer". The thread went into a Picsel discussion, which seems to be hit or miss at best. Jeremiah presented an alternative solution to Picsel, that from what I can see, is cleaner, easier to use and doesn't take hours to set-up, so I would argue, more elegant than Picsel. Not, it isn't free, but there are some organizations/people that need a stable, reliable solution that are willing to pay for.
    PicselBrowser is a solution that does not require you to convert files on your PC, then move them to your Treo. Frankly, your type of solution in not attractive at all. Unfortunately for me, PicselBrowser does not run well on my Treo 600. I have to depend on WebViewer for pdfs off the web. In any case, if I wanted a conversion solution, Adobe's is free.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I am sorry for my ignorance, but i did read the entire thread and am just a little confused.. i have the adobe viewer that came with the setup disc from p1. when i recieve pdf's from emial i can save them on my card but they do not show up in the adobe viewer. is this because they have to be loaded through my pc??? if so why would i even want to save them from to my card, if not whay cant i view from email or card. i am using versamail with exchange active if that makes a difference. sorry to seem so out of it..
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Actually, adobe viewer doesn't do anything at all. It's just there to add a little color to your Treo. There is no way to see pdf at all...ever. Just give up trying.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookjeremiah
    Woah, Picsel Browser is far from elegant. First of all, it is completely unsupported on the Treo. Second, it is not quite legal. Third, it is a pain in the rump to install. Fourth, it has cryptic error messages sometimes not even in english. Fifth, it crashes every 4th time I run it. Sixth, some people require UDMH to run it. Seventh, it doesn't associate itself properly with pdfs so you can't just click on a pdf in your email and have it automatically open with Picsel Browser.

And finally, I repeat, it is unsupported.
    It's one of the most elegant programs I've ever seen for the PalmOS...that's for sure.

First of all, I don't give a dern if it's supported on the Treo or not, so long as it runs effectively. Second, revert back to first counterpoint...I don't care so long as it runs effectively. Third, it's SUPER easy to install once you find the files (search this thread and you'll find 'em). Fourth, I only got the error messages whenever I opened a file directly from Blazer. Whenever I save them to the card and THEN open picsel and the pdf, I get no messages. Fifth, it doesn't crash if I open the way I mentioned in my fourth counterpoint. Sixth, I don't have to use UDMH for this or Doom...Thank God! Seventh, I don't care about "automatic and perfect association" so long as I can view the PDF as it was intended to be viewed within 10 seconds of downloading it.

I'm pretty sure that your service doesn't offer any of that. But, I'm not saying it's not worth it. I just don't think that your throwing out slander is helping anybody.

Each has their place...clearly, Picsel has its place on more Treos than your service. You can easily tell by the number of times this thread has been viewed.
    For the guy who said adobe conversion is free, let me remind you that the only conversion with adobe is pdf 2 txt. IE, TEXT ONLY. PDF 2 html service adobe offers doesn't really work all the time and the reply is a .zip with a html inside. Adobe does not offer PDF 2 TIF conversions. I do. Email me at jcook at ccs5000.com

http://cookjeremiah.blogspot.com
    Last edited by cookjeremiah; 08/13/2005 at 04:01 PM.
    Pdf2html works fine for me. I understand you're trying to sell a product, but outlandlandish claims don't help portray an air of professionalism.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G