Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    illustreous,

Thanks for the files. So I cannot get this to work without Zlauncher? I tried to move the files with Filez, but the main file is locked, and it won't move to RAM. So Zlauncher is necessary?
    No, Zlauncher is not necessary. I already had it loaded well before I downloaded Picsel. Moreover, there are many others here I'm sure that are using Picsel without Zlauncher loaded.

You might want to try hotsycning the files directly to RAM first, then launching followed by moving to SD card (if that's where you so choose to keep the files).
    I have the same problem as you. Tried this all freakin' day, and still cant get Picsel to work!!! When I launch from my empty 1Gb SD card, it give me the "not enough memory error". I cannot transfer from SD to RAM because the fiile is locked. Also cannot install directly to RAM - always give me an error message. Over a month now and I'd kill for this app to work because my job emails me several pdf's per day. HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I have the same problem as you. Tried this all freakin' day, and still cant get Picsel to work!!! When I launch from my empty 1Gb SD card, it give me the "not enough memory error". I cannot transfer from SD to RAM because the fiile is locked. Also cannot install directly to RAM - always give me an error message. Over a month now and I'd kill for this app to work because my job emails me several pdf's per day. HELP!!!
    How much RAM to you have free?
    14.1MB is free on RAM
    I have exactly the same problem.
    Launching from memory card gives me an error message: "There is not enough space available on the phone to launch this application from the card"
    I have 6.6M free on the phone.

Trying to install it on the phone gives me the error message 0x4002...

Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    3 files are necessary - everything but the browser help pages. I FIRST hotsynced the three files to my SD card and DID NOT launch them. Then, using ZLauncher, I moved the files to RAM (make sure you have enough RAM available). At this point I launched the .prc file (clicked on the executable .prc file). After this I closed out of Picsel and then moved all three files to my SD card using ZLauncher again.

That's it!
    How do yu move the files with ZLauncher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    How do yu move the files with ZLauncher?
    Tap and hold, then release - the menu will come up, choose "move to card"
    14.1MB is free on RAM
    Can you move any additional programs to the card - if I remember correctly, I have to have more than 15 megs available to run the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    I have exactly the same problem.
    Launching from memory card gives me an error message: "There is not enough space available on the phone to launch this application from the card"
    I have 6.6M free on the phone.

Trying to install it on the phone gives me the error message 0x4002...

6.6 meg is no where near enough available RAM - you'll need a bit more than 15 meg from my experience.
    Got on that website and this is what they said:

File /files/1354178/i539_PicselBrowser.zip.html has been deleted.
    Reason: THIS FILE IS FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED! Complaints received.

Guess you guys got it before someone complained!

Tanya
    I just saw that the PRC file at http://homepage.mac.com/mobhansali/FileSharing2.html has two .prc extensions. When you download the file, delete one of the .prc extensions and save.
  13.    #313  
    for those who got "no enough memory" message, please do a soft reset to free up the memory chunk.

updated download link is posted at the #1 post of this thread.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I just created a new folder on my sd card palm>programs>picsel and installed all the picsel files in that folder. I have not had any problems or crash's. I do not use UDMH but I do use zlauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Let me summarize:

Load files onto your SD card.

You MUST have either Zlauncher or UDMH to move the files to RAM (internal) from the SD card. They will not move using FileZ (it's locked there), and you cannot email them to yourself and download because the file is too big (and you'll get errors).

After moving to RAM, disable UDMH (if that's what you used--get a trial copy-- http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?f...=1&prodID=92207 ). It goes through a few resets, but it should work.

After you get it to work, use Zlauncher or Powerrun (how about MagicLink?) to send it back to the SD card as it is a big file. It should still work fine.
    I reinstalled Picsel Browser on my card and moved and then moved it to the phone using Zlauncher. I can't open Picsel Browser - it just flashes and the screen goes blank for a second. I E-mailed a pdf to myself and tried to open it with Picsel Browser; same result.

I have 7.8M free memory on the phone. Is that the problem? I would really love to get Picsel Browser to work...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok, I gave it a try on my treo 600. Used CardExchange to move the 4 files to my SD card. Used zLauncher's file manager to copy them to RAM. But when I clicked on the application, the treo just reset (no popups, just instant reset ) Guess its not designed for the 600 after all (I had 6Meg after moving it, which could be an issue).

Anyway, good luck to everyone else ...

Dana
    Does anyone read the threads anymore? As posted earlier in the thread:

http://homepage.mac.com/mobhansali/FileSharing2.html

Works fine for me!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Folks, I'm going to pull the Picsel files off the site today.
    First off, thanks Illustreous and others.

Now I have a question. If I install the picsel_eng browser, should stuff be in english? I can get this running but everything is gibberish (I assume chinese) I think I have every file, just not sure if it is working how it should be.
    I'm going to keep it up there until tomorrow. I've received messages from some people who still need them. Cheers.