Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Hey mshaw or chriztang whats the tech reason that picsel will not view a fax pdf?
    I had Picsel Browser on my Sigmarion III (a really neat Japanese WinCE .NET clamshell device). It's VERY powerful, at least in its .NET form. Fast, rapid scaling of images, flexible drag-move and zoom functions. Quite an excellent app.
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!
    Oh, and if anyone would be so kind, I'd appreciate a copy of this:

pixelator_1999@yahoo.com

THANKS!
    Anyone besides me find it totally incongruous that a Maple Laff supporter (IAmJoCanadian) can get even the slightest bit frustrated at anything else - much less file requests ? They should be basking in the glory of an undefeated season <g,d&r> ;-)
    Well, I can't run this on my 650. I have UDMH regged and installed the following:

English Language pack.pdb
    Picsel Browser Core.pdb.
    Picsel Browsers.prc --OR-- Picsel Browser_eng.prc

...And nothing works. Soft resets every time. I took the files from the card to RAM and then moved with ZL back to card, tried running direct from RAM and tried the two different prc files both on card and RAM. Nothing. Soft reset every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Yay! I got it to work. Not sure how but I did. Could use a manual so I can figure this out a little better though.
    This is what I'm getting, only I didn't somehow solve it. Do you have any idea what you did?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    Now if only i can figure out how to use the damn thing. How do you zoom in and out on a document?
    Picsel viewer guide at http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-...pl?mdl=PEGUX50
    The only way that I was able to get the picselbrowser.prc from the sd card to RAM was to install and run UDMH. Once I ran that I had no problem transfering the file over. It's been working fine ever since. I than used Powerrun to move it back to the sd since the file is so large.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I meant how did you get it from soft resetting? I can't run this app without a reset as soon as it starts to load.
    Few things. I used Piscel for the first time today. It is on the SD card. I get the error That there is not enough RAM on the phone to run this app. What am I doing wron? I tried to install this app with a file manager. But, it will not allow me to. I get the same error.

2. Also email me at Macnrover at fastmail.fm if you want the PDF viewer.
    thanks all
    And what in the world is UMDH???!!! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    And what in the world is UMDH???!!! thanks

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=92207
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks
    Thanks luckyjacks - I think you have helped me get to the bottom of the fax/scanned .pdf issue. In the Picsel user guide under preferences you can turn on/off viewing of images in .pdf files - to speed up viewing...

‘Show Pictures’ saves memory in your CLIÉ by not displaying images in
    your HTML and PDF documents. This may be useful for very large
    documents.

I assume that the default setting is 'don't show pictures.' I think that Picsel thinks that faxed/scanned .pdf files are really big pictures and is therefore showing the image placeholder (the square with the Picsel logo) instead of the faxed/scanned image.

If we could get into the preferences with out Picsel crashing - I bet we could change that setting so we could see our faxes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get into those settings? Are we missing the Settings files? Maybe someone with the original file could get us the .pbd with the setting set to 'Show Images'...
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 05/09/2005 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelator
    I meant how did you get it from soft resetting? I can't run this app without a reset as soon as it starts to load.
    I didn't do anything to get it to stop resetting. It just did.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Whenever I click the icon I believe is the settings I get a soft reset. I'm guessing we don't have that prc, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Thanks luckyjacks - I think you have helped me get to the bottom of the fax/scanned .pdf issue. In the Picsel user guide under preferences you can turn on/off viewing of images in .pdf files - to speed up viewing...

‘Show Pictures’ saves memory in your CLIÉ by not displaying images in
    your HTML and PDF documents. This may be useful for very large
    documents.

I assume that the default setting is 'don't show pictures.' I think that Picsel thinks that faxed/scanned .pdf files are really big pictures and is therefore showing the image placeholder (the square with the Picsel logo) instead of the faxed/scanned image.

If we could get into the preferences with out Picsel crashing - I bet we could change that setting so we could see our faxes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get into those settings? Are we missing the Settings files? Maybe someone with the original file could get us the .pbd with the setting set to 'Show Images'...
    When Picsel Browser is launched does anyone get this dialogue box:

Document Error:
    KilZRKa

The "KilZRKa" is actually a button that you can click. Once clicked it goes away and you can use the program. However, I never understood what the box meant in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Document Error:
    KilZRKa
    Mine alternates between "Document Error: OK" and "Document Error: LstpryU", but works fine after tapping the button.
    Ditto. It seems that every other icon "works" except for this one, which causes a soft reset.

It's a major step to be able to view PDFs on the Treo period; however, the holy grail for many is to view faxed and scanned documents. Almost 100% of the PDFs receive are either faxed or scanned. The ability to view these files on my Treo could very possibly render my laptop temporarily useless.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    Whenever I click the icon I believe is the settings I get a soft reset. I'm guessing we don't have that prc, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Ditto. It seems that every other icon "works" except for this one, which causes a soft reset.

It's a major step to be able to view PDFs on the Treo period; however, the holy grail for many is to view faxed and scanned documents. Almost 100% of the PDFs receive are either faxed or scanned. The ability to view these files on my Treo could very possibly render my laptop temporarily useless.

So - how do we get to the bottom of this? chriztang - anyway you can investigate getting the missing files? Anyone know someone with the Samsung i539 Palm smartphone?
    the program runs fine for me when I open pdf under 1MB,but when I try to open anything bigger I get an 'out of memory' error then an option to close or not. if I don't close it I can veiw the chopped-up version of the pdf,but why is this happening when I have 17.8MB free on the phone and 20MB free on my card(i run the app from the card using powerrun)??thanx in advance!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503