1.    #1  
    After reading many of the gotcha posts here in TC, and waiting for the right time to grab mine, I finally got my Treo 650.

Did a fresh install, created a palmone subdirectory rather than overwriting my handspring directory, then, reinstalling with the latest versions of my handful of softwares, configuring VersaMail for direct IMAP connections, with a little bungling on the Graffiti Anywhere files, I am able to bring back my Treo 600 files.

After installing a Bible, handful of games, and some utilities, etc. I am left with 800KB. And I haven't even installed any software on my 128 MB SD card.

I have deinstalled some of the other Treo utilities - Butler, Allegro, and Helper. Couldn't determine which one is causing a soft reset loop.

This unit is firmware 1.14 with 1.05 ROW.

So far, so good.

It's just as everybody else has written about. It's a pleasure.
  2.    #2  
    Tonight, I just discovered that 800KB may not be enough once I synch via USB my emails, forgetting that it brings the attachment to the device. Guess what happened? It crashed the unit. Had to do a hard reset. Needed to drop some of the less critical apps.

I might have to try running that app-to-SD utility until I get the GSM firmware update. Mine is locked to the local provider in the Philippines.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Your Bible software + its database is probably using up a lot of your RAM. Try to install the database in the SD card (which Bible software are you using?). That should free up some space for you.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Be careful moving your Bible software to the SD card. I tried it and the software no longer worked. I believe the Bible software I was using was Bible Reader. It was a pretty old version though so that might be the problem.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I have used Bible Reader in the past and am pretty sure it supports Bible databases in SD. You might want to look at their website for more info. I am now using MyBible.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I reaize we are getting off track from the original post here but as far as Bible Readers go, Olive Tree is the absolute best, hands down. I have tried several others but always go back to Olive Tree. There are so many version of the Bible available for it and several good ones are free.
    http://olivetree.com/handheld/Palm/PalmBible.html

And back on track... I have a 650 GSM and I am thoroughly pleased with it. I have a 1 Gb. SD where I try to install most large apps and databases (like the Bibles for Olive Tree and my full dictionary). I would think you would need more than 800K to work effectively without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofTrueGod
    ...After installing a Bible, handful of games, and some utilities, etc. I am left with 800KB. And I haven't even installed any software on my 128 MB SD card....
    That sure seems like very little room left with the short list of installs you have. Biblereader does work fine with the software in main memory and bibles on teh SD card - just a little slow loading. I just can't see how it used so much of the base 23mb memory. Maybe you could list the installs you made and we can help...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Sorry - forgot to mention that BibleReader also works well from SD card if you load it there with one of the third party utilities like ZLauncher (which is great for running all kinds of software from teh SD card.=).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Off topic...sorry. ManofTrueGod...Where are you in the Philippines?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=TreoBeard]I reaize we are getting off track from the original post here but as far as Bible Readers go, Olive Tree is the absolute best, hands down. I have tried several others but always go back to Olive Tree. There are so many version of the Bible available for it and several good ones are free.
    http://olivetree.com/handheld/Palm/PalmBible.htmlQUOTE]

AGREE. I run the Olivetree version from the SD card with no issues.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  11.    #11  
    I will try the OliveTree version.

Christinac130, I am from Manila. Your handle sounds like you are from the military.

However, I broke the Treo 650 screen when it slipped off my hand on to the pavement. Couldn't believe myself that the unit is so fragile And it happened one day before I meant to purchase protective accessories. Arghh, arghh, and more arghhh...