Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am trying to utilize webmail and get an error message stating the Internet Explorer version is not correct. I downloaded the latest Java update, but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Fester
    it's possible that the webmail you're using is not supported by Blazer. sounds like your webmail only works on Internet Explorer.
    is there a way to change what Blazer reports itself to the Web sites ?
    On Netfront 3.1 there was an option for this...

maybe we can edit it with a hex editor to change it's version info with IE 6.0
    Oddly, Blazer already reports itself as being IE 6.0 compatible
    "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320"
    See here, http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?results=1 look at the ones with Blazer 4.0.

You can also try two third party web browsers. They are both proxy based (Proxy dowloads the page, reduces it, and downloads to the Treo.)
    Reqwireless webviewer, so far, has been able to view almost every single page out there that I throw at it. The only complaints is that the interface isn't that great (designed for small cell phones) and it doesn't render HTML Table lines.
    http://www.reqwireless.com/webviewer.html
    It's Java, so you must have Java installed to run it (which you do.)

The other is Xiino by Moribus.
    http://www.mobirus.com/eng/products/Xiino/
    Much better than Webviewer in a lot of ways, but there are a lot of web pages that it won't work with.

I use both of them along with Blazer depending on what site I want to access. Each is better in it's own way.

Also, if you use WebViewer, make sure you go in to the Treo's "prefs", Select "IBM Java VM" and check "Use high resolution coordinates."
    If you don't do this, all of the images in WebViewer will appear low resolution.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Oddly, Blazer already reports itself as being IE 6.0 compatible
    "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320"
    Maybe that's not enough (being compatible only...)

We could change to :

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Which doesn't include any "Blazer" or "Palm" words...
    You might be able to change what Blazer reports, but that wouldn't give it capabilities it doesn't have. I could probably make Netscape 2.0 report itself as IE 6, but web pages that require IE 5 or higher still wouldn't work.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    You might be able to change what Blazer reports, but that wouldn't give it capabilities it doesn't have. I could probably make Netscape 2.0 report itself as IE 6, but web pages that require IE 5 or higher still wouldn't work.
    yes, but some sites especially deny serving unknown browser types even if the browser is capable of showing the page.
    here, we are not trying to give extra capabilities to Blazer. Only want to eliminate risk of denying websites.