Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    anyone know will the Sandisk 66X ULTRA II 2GB work with treo 650??
    many thanks for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by haotong
    Yes. I belive that it will.
    Hello haotong,

This is Kevin from palmOne. I'm not certain, but I can tell you what the palmOne Knowledge Library says:

"SanDisk Extreme or Ultra II compatibility: Probably. palmOne has not tested its devices with any of the following professional-level cards, and we can't guarantee that these cards will work with your device. However, these cards use the SD specification, so theoretically, they should work in a palmOne device if the card size is compatible:

• SanDisk Extreme SD
    • SanDisk Extreme III SD
    • SanDisk Ultra II SD
    These high-end SD expansion cards were designed primarily for professional photographers working under extreme environmental conditions. If you're a typical user who won't be working in severe climates, a standard SD card should suffice for general use."

The size of the card (2GB) should not be an issue, and there are more technical details regarding this here.

Perhaps someone else here at TC can confirm that they have used this card successfully.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by haotong
    it works great in my 650.
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello haotong,

This is Kevin from palmOne. I'm not certain, but I can tell you what the palmOne Knowledge Library says:

"SanDisk Extreme or Ultra II compatibility: Probably. palmOne has not tested its devices with any of the following professional-level cards, and we can't guarantee that these cards will work with your device. However, these cards use the SD specification, so theoretically, they should work in a palmOne device if the card size is compatible:

[list][*]SanDisk Extreme SD[*]SanDisk Extreme III SD...
    Extreme III working fine here.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    thank you all very much indeed
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ammmm,, another question, is there a Sandisk Extreme III 2GB SD card available on earth?

wat is the major difference between d ultra II version and the extreme III verions?
    Nope, no Extreme III 2GB announced yet (that I know of). Extreme III cards have a minimum 20MB/sec throughput rate, or 133X. They are also rated to work at temperatures from -13 to 185 degress F, and are vibration and shock tested. Basically, a really baaaaaad SD card (in the good sense )

The Ultra II has a minimum sustained write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10MB per second, or 66X.

It has been written that the 650 cannot take advantage of the Extreme III's speed. Well, I have both an Ultra II and and Extreme III, and the Extreme III has about 3X the write speed as the Ultra II (as measured by VFSMark), which is VERY noticeable when doing an SD card backup or recording videos and pictures to the SD card. Don't get me wrong, the Ultra II is a fine card, very nice. Extreme IIIs are nicer.
    Cingular Treo 650
    And here I just found it for $114. Not a bad deal.

http://store.yahoo.com/advancedphoto/sdsdx31024901.html
    Cingular Treo 650
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    dear Boater, thanks very much for ur help.