1.    #1  
    My 650 has locked up several times over the last few days. In two instances the green LED was flashing but phone was locked up and would not activate when keys were pressed. I had to do a soft reset to get it unlocked. Today the phone locked up with the screen and keyboard ON. Again, pressing keys did nothing and a soft reset was needed to get it going again.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?
    Have you added programs to it yet ? If so, do a hard reset and use it for a few days as ONLY a phone....no apps. If that works, add 2 -3 programs a day starting with Uninstall manager (one per hot sync) and see when it starts misbehaving.
    Yep, I have the same issues. Just started about 2 weeks ago. So far I ahve only 2 apps on the T-650 and they both have been running smoothly. I did the same as yourself and had to do a soft reset to get things working again.

My only thought is the battery. If you know you have good apps that do not conflict or give you problems, then the batt. is suspect. I'm guessing that maybe a voltage drop somewhere during useage could casue a lockup or even a auto. soft reset.

Thus far I am living with it, hasn't happen lately, all is well. Oh hey this just came to mind, I did clean my SIM card and that seems to have solved the lockup problem, although I see your using the Sprint version (CDMA), I have the Cingular branded (Unlocked) phone.
  4.    #4  
    I only have the Documents to go (Installed from the Sprint CD) installed. This started after the 1.08 patch upgrade but I'm not sure if that is a coincidence or a possible cause.