Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Branching this thread from http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...895#post638895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Hey I'm sorry to hijack this thread but taylorh, is that a Vaja case? Is it white? Do you notice it shows dirt a lot? Does it fit in a slip case? Thanks, PM if you want..
    Bek
    Yes, it's a Vaja. I had a black Vaja for my Treo 600 and loved it so much I ordered a custom colored Vaja for my 650 weeks before the GSM 650 went on sale so I'd have it the day I got my 650.

It's not white. It's Caterina lilac-gray / dark-blue (front/back)
    My wife got Caterina pink-champagne / candle-light (front/back)
    Yes, it does seem to pick up hand oil and dirt in the recesses of the texture. I wouldn't say it looks real dirty, but it's there if you look closesly. It doesn't seem to pick up dirt (from tables, etc) just how oil from your hands mixed with dirt, kind of like what you get in on buttons on your computer mouse and keyboard. It still looks really nice and stylish, like I said you have to look closely in the cracks of the leather texture to really see it.
    I imagine white wouldn't be good color to get, I think it'd show the dirt quite obviously. My gray is really kind of a medium color, not even really light, and my wife's is a light pink. Both show some level of dirtyness. I recommend a color, any color, just not white.
    The leather is smooth, not pourus. Just the cracks of the texture is where the oil ends up.

I have the back personalized with my name (nice touch.)

When inside the Vaja, it doesn't fit into any slip cases. It adds a significant bulk to the Treo, actually very nice to hold.
    The case is prefect for puting in a purse for example and not worrying about damaging it, just don't throw it in with keys. You'll want the boxwave cleartouch screen protectors to prevent scratches. WIth the case the screen becomes significantly recessed helping to protect it a little more.
    It'll also save you 100% from dropping it, something that will happen to every Treo owner eventually. That is so long as you don't drop it on it's head (antenna). I figure the cost of the case well makes up for the repair costs I'll be paying to repair it when I drop it in a parking lot (call it insurance.)

I love the case, wouldn't have it any other way.

It comes with or without a belt clip button on the back. One of my co-workers got the belt clip and it sticks WAY OUT off his belt. Between the clip and the way it attaches to the clip, it hands a good full inch off his waist so he bumps it into things occasionally. Having seen it, I don't like the belt clip.

I got mine without the belt clip attachment. I just stick mine in my pocket.

Feel free to ask more questions.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/19/2005 at 02:52 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Clean the case with any neutral-color leather cleaner. Found in the car-care aisle of your local Walmart :-)

Vaja also has a web page on caring for their cases.

I agree that the leather+padding on the inside of the case protects the Treo from shocks like dropping it ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have an all lilac grey Vaja that I clean with leather cleaner and conditioner (2 products) every month or so. Makes it look new again. Great cases!
    My embossed name is almost faded. I wish they had a more permament way of embossing (like letters that "dug" into leather some more).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Does case interfere with calls while the Treo is in the case?

I found your other posts about protection, thanks!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/19/2005 at 07:01 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I haven't had any problems making calls with the Treo in the case. No one has complained about the sound quality. However, about 90% of my calls are made with my HBH-660 headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    aprasad, if i didnt know any better my custom logo seems to be dug into the leather
    Even the name etc is dug-in, but not too deep. The gold paint in the grooves (name letters) is fading.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    My wife and I have the Vaja T-66 and PA-32 for our 650s (pictured below). Her Caterina Pink/Carnation T-66 doesn't interfere with calls at all in their cases although we both use bluetooth.

My Vitelino Azabache/Arangio PA-32 is a very nice business case and it has the matching leather lining. They both provide very good protection and our names are etched very deep into the leather. The matching SD Keepers are a very nice touch.

So far no complaints, only compliments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Branching this thread from http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...895#post638895

Yes, it's a Vaja. I had a black Vaja for my Treo 600 and loved it so much I ordered a custom colored Vaja for my 650 weeks before the GSM 650 went on sale so I'd have it the day I got my 650.

It's not white. It's Caterina lilac-gray / dark-blue (front/back)
    My wife got Caterina pink-champagne / candle-light (front/back)
    Yes, it does seem to pick up hand oil and dirt in the recesses of the texture. I wouldn't say it looks real dirty, but it's there if you look closesly. It doesn't seem to pick up dirt (from tables, etc) just how oil from your hands mixed with dirt, kind of like what you get in on buttons on your computer mouse and keyboard. It still looks really nice and stylish, like I said you have to look closely in the cracks of the leather texture to really see it.
    I imagine white wouldn't be good color to get, I think it'd show the dirt quite obviously. My gray is really kind of a medium color, not even really light, and my wife's is a light pink. Both show some level of dirtyness. I recommend a color, any color, just not white.
    The leather is smooth, not pourus. Just the cracks of the texture is where the oil ends up.

I have the back personalized with my name (nice touch.)

When inside the Vaja, it doesn't fit into any slip cases. It adds a significant bulk to the Treo, actually very nice to hold.
    The case is prefect for puting in a purse for example and not worrying about damaging it, just don't throw it in with keys. You'll want the boxwave cleartouch screen protectors to prevent scratches. WIth the case the screen becomes significantly recessed helping to protect it a little more.
    It'll also save you 100% from dropping it, something that will happen to every Treo owner eventually. That is so long as you don't drop it on it's head (antenna). I figure the cost of the case well makes up for the repair costs I'll be paying to repair it when I drop it in a parking lot (call it insurance.)

I love the case, wouldn't have it any other way.

It comes with or without a belt clip button on the back. One of my co-workers got the belt clip and it sticks WAY OUT off his belt. Between the clip and the way it attaches to the clip, it hands a good full inch off his waist so he bumps it into things occasionally. Having seen it, I don't like the belt clip.

I got mine without the belt clip attachment. I just stick mine in my pocket.

Feel free to ask more questions.
    Hey thank you for the great post, and for moving it! lol... I do have another question and since I haven't seen one single person complain of it, I'm going to guess it's not a problem, but I am a speed demon on the keys and I need to know if this case gets in the way *at all* of typing on the keyboard.. ?

Thanks, Bek
  10.    #12  

I found your other posts about protection, thanks!
    No, it doesn't interfere at all with making calls at all. On the contorary it helps prevent accidental touching the screen and it's more comfortable against the ear than the bare plastic. The mic hole on the bottom doesn't have it's own perferated hole (like the LED does) but it is exposed to the large multi-purpose opening on the bottom. It doesn't affect the mic's reception of your voice one bit from my experience. So call interference is not an issue.

Hey thank you for the great post, and for moving it! lol... I do have another question and since I haven't seen one single person complain of it, I'm going to guess it's not a problem, but I am a speed demon on the keys and I need to know if this case gets in the way *at all* of typing on the keyboard.. ?

Thanks, Bek
    Yes, it does get in the way of the keyboard a little. You'll notice the bezel that surrounds the keypad (see hi-res pictures at vaja.com) and on day one you'll find it's hard to press those outer edge keys the way you're used to. But the case's edge is no closer to those keys than the keys are spaced apart, and the case doesn't raise above the height of they keys (it's even with the top of the keys.) So it's not any more in the way than the other keys are, you're just not used to having anything near the outer row of keys and probabally hit them with a flatter finger.

After a few days you'll adjust the way you type, get used to the case, and won't even know it's there. I can type just as fast with our without the case.
    So in conclusion I'd be lying if I said no, but I also believe it's not at all an issue you need to be concerned with. The 'obstruction' is very subtle and I think they did an excellent job with the design of the case in this respect.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    OK, I just may go for the chpink/rosa model, LOL! Thanks Taylor!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    OK, I just may go for the chpink/rosa model, LOL! Thanks Taylor!

LOL I ordered the Candlelight one-color case last night. *sigh I love pink!
    Bek
    I have about 19 days left to wait for my Vaja case. And the snap button on my current case just broke yesterday...
    in two days or so it will be day 30 for my wait on the T65. Just one custom color. orange.
    Geesh, I had my personalized so I'm guessing I'll see it sometime in June. *eyeroll*

Bek
    Geesh, I had my personalized so I'm guessing I'll see it sometime in June. *eyeroll*

Bek
    Ahh, but not to worry -- definitely worth the wait.

I don't know why I continue to try other cases before ordering the Vaja. I did the same thing with my Ipod. Now that I have the Vaja for my 650, I hope I've learned my lesson. As soon as you get a new device, just go on and order the Vaja. No other case compares.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast