1.    #1  
    A Few days ago I needed to restore a file from a backup I had. I sent the following email to Botzam but so far have not received any feedback. Anyone else have this issue?

---------

Good day:

I am a Botzam Backup registered user.

Recently Palm One released " Treo 650 Updater 1.08 (Sprint PCS branded version) "

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...er/sprint.html

This updater changed the way the file structure of the Treo 650 was organized.

As part of this process I used Botzam to restore all files back to the Treo 650. Please note that these files were backed up before the updater. The process worked flawlessly. Today I needed to restore a single file named psysLaunchDB. I noted the following error:

"This backup was created on Palm OS version 0.0, but your device uses Palm OS version 5.4. Do you want to continue?" (Note the version number of the Palm OS being 0.0.)

Upon saying Yes, the Treo 650 rebooted. The restore did not work. I seriously suspect the Treo 650 Updater 1.08 has caused an issue of compatability with Botzam Backup.

Please advise how I should proceed so I may confidently continue to use your software.

Thank you,
    Rees
    I have updates to 1.08 plus used a custom rom and Botzam has been flawless
  3.    #3  
    yes, the program does "backup" flawlessly. But does it "restore" flawlessly?
    Rees
    I backed up my entire Sprint Treo 650 with both Botzam Backup and Teal Backup prior to loading 1.08 on my Treo. Restoring with Teal Backup failed and caused a reset, restoring with Botzam worked flawlessly.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    yes, the program does "backup" flawlessly. But does it "restore" flawlessly?
    Yes--It restores flawlessly (and quickly too!). I used it when I upgraded to 1.8 and I havd to use it 2 days ago when my 650 did a soft re-set but much to my surprise I lost all my information.

Also...I had a bug in my to-do list that was causing 2day to crash. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reset and doing a manual restore with botzam of every file I had minus one tiny ittle 1kb to-do list data file. That did the trick for me.

I wholeheartedly reccomend botzam backup (no affiliation with the developer).