1.    #1  
    I'm completely new to the Treo 600. Having lots of trouble getting the Verizon site/techies to give me the e-mail software for my MAC. So I'm looking for advice about how to go, including better e-mail than that afforded by the basic Verizon/Treo stuff. Also better syncing; are there better ways to go for syncing than the basic way through isync? Thanks. (I'm positing this also on the treo/mac forum.)
    Howie
    Check out Snapper Mail or Chatter.
    While you're at it call Verizon and complain about lack of a real email program. If you don't do a lot of emailing the Palm's VersaMail software (that comes with every Treo EXCEPT Verizon's)would be fine but since Verizon makes you buy an email program I bought Snapper. Unfortunately they seem to be doing the same stunt with the 650.
    Make sure to check for free programs since my Verizon CD didn't install some of the freebies. (SplashPhoto, etc)
    I used Palm Desktop and that worked fine except it would occasionally get confused and try to reload every thing. Bought Missing Sync which is ok. No demo to try out though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Check out Snapper Mail or Chatter.
    While you're at it call Verizon and complain about lack of a real email program. If you don't do a lot of emailing the Palm's VersaMail software (that comes with every Treo EXCEPT Verizon's)would be fine but since Verizon makes you buy an email program I bought Snapper. Unfortunately they seem to be doing the same stunt with the 650.
    Make sure to check for free programs since my Verizon CD didn't install some of the freebies. (SplashPhoto, etc)
    I used Palm Desktop and that worked fine except it would occasionally get confused and try to reload every thing. Bought Missing Sync which is ok. No demo to try out though.
    My impression from the Verizon techie on the phone was that their program was available on line. But we couldn't get it to load on my Mac and the teechie gave up and told me to call Palm. How is Snapper; could you rate it vis-a-vis the other stuff available. Also, how good is missing sync; you don't sound excited about it.
    Thanks for all.
    Howie
    Snapper is a good program. Check their site and download a demo. Handles multiple POP accounts. Different levels of features available. I have the version that saves msgs to SD card so it doesn't fill up memory. There are a few other email programs. Chatter seems to be the most talked about lately. I tried it months ago but evidently it's improved a lot. You might check it out as well.
    Missing sync- Fairly expensive. Does have some bugs. Supposedly supports Bluetooth and other syncing approaches (I have 600 so it doesn't apply to me)
    It has software on Palm so your Treo can be seen directly by the computer as a drive. Nice for short downloads with usign a card reader. Also shows up in iTunes so you can drag MP3 over to it but it's fairly slo. I use a card reader if it's going to be a lot of data.