Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am thinkin of buying a usb bluetooth adapter, which works best with the Treo 650? i did a seach but found outdated threads. i have the 650 w/sprint.
    THANKS in advance for all post
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I just use the Microsoft one that came with my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse (for my PC) It works great.
  3.    #3  
    just one person?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    D-Link DBT-120.

Use it on both my PC and iBook.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    im gonna order it today. i got a $25 from palms payback program . (although i ordered a cradle kit from amazon and still no word )

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I use a 3com bluetooth adapter. Very expensive but I bought it when I was having trouble getting my old Nokia 3650 to connect to my PC. It never did work right with the Nokia but it works wonderfully with the Treo.

Steve
    I had a DLINK for my laptop and it worked just fine except It was so small I lost it. I replaced it with a Sitecom PCCard device that fits almost entirely inside the slot. I don't ever take it out. Because it's a Class 1 device and it has an extendable antenna (don't use the antenna much), it is a little better at keeping a connection as I move further away from the phone. If this is for a desktop then I would consider a class 1 and one that has an antenna. BT doesn't like going through objects especially if it sits under a desk or can get lost under a pile of stuff. Also don't expect too much from it. It is SLOWWWW. The IR port is faster for transfers or syncing.
    Adam West
    I use the Linksys USBBT100 and it's been great.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I use the Belkin Bluetooth™ USB Adapter, 100 meter. I had tried the DLink one (nice size) but it had issues with my Thinkpad T40 Win 2K. Their support mentioned that the one that I had only worked with Macs (based on the MAC address); weird that the packaging mentioned compatible with both.
    One thing to look for though is check that the driver that comes with it supports bluetooth network adapter too.. some of the them don't. Then you can't do Reverse-DUN.

- Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    I bought the D-Link DBT-120. Installing it and running it on Windows 2000 was a snap but Windows XP (service pack 2) was a disaster. First there is the issue that when installing the XP drivers want to kick in so you have to change it over to the D-Link drivers.
    See ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dbt120_...e_winxpsp2.pdf for more detailed information. After 5 calls to tech support I finally got this to work. It worked untill I unplugged it and later put it into a different USB port. At that point it then reverted back to the XP drivers. I have to say I have had nothing but frustration with the D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth dongle.
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
    Another vote for the Linksys. I was able to install it and configure reverse dun in about 30 minutes.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    another vote for the linksys usbbt100

great range
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    I am thinkin of buying a usb bluetooth adapter, which works best with the Treo 650? i did a seach but found outdated threads. i have the 650 w/sprint.
    THANKS in advance for all post
    sorry i didnt read this before u went out & bought one...but when buying one (i have a laptop) i look for compact size & price! IT DOESNT MATTER WHO MADE IT! buy the least expensive winXP SP2 will set it up for u. ive used 3 from ebay at $0.99 a pop! & i think somebody's grandmother made it. i havent used a cable in 7 months.

i even found a BT adapter on the street with a cracked casing & it worked.

later.
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    I'm using the SMC BT10. The software that it comes with is Great, but there's no easy way to send files to the Treo. So I reverted back the windows stack. I can sync, transfer files, but i have never tried the reverse DUN, or standard DUN (I cannot figure out the info for T-Mobile, if anyone knows throw me a bone!)

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Im pretty clueless when it comes to bluetooth transfer speeds, so excuse me if this is a novice question, but i notice the linksys usb adapter ppl have been recommending is usb1.1.

Can bluetooth transfer at speeds higher than usb1.1? In other words would it ever make sense to make a usb2.0 device or will the transfer always been bottlenecked by bluetooth transfer speeds?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    another vote for the linksys usbbt100

great range
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but most adapters define their range in "open space" terms, I am assuming they mean without the interference of walls.

How successful are you syncing from room to room. My home office is about 25ft from my bedroom. Will I be able to sync through walls at a distance of approx. 25-30 ft.?

Thanks

K
    Twenty five feet would probably be about the limit. I would say no, but hope for the best.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    Im pretty clueless when it comes to bluetooth transfer speeds, so excuse me if this is a novice question, but i notice the linksys usb adapter ppl have been recommending is usb1.1.

Can bluetooth transfer at speeds higher than usb1.1? In other words would it ever make sense to make a usb2.0 device or will the transfer always been bottlenecked by bluetooth transfer speeds?

Thanks!
    BT max speed is 768 kbps, except for new EDR devices (which the Treo 650 is not)

USB 1.1 is 12 Mbps maximum. Real-world transfer rates are likely only around half that, but still far higher than the Bluetooth maximum rate.
    Awesome... thanks a bunch for the reply!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast