Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. gaurav
    Everything else seems to work fine except for these annoyances.
    I am hoping some of you might be able to help.

1. A soft reset seems to reset my settings for the default application for each button. Specifically the mail button. I like to set Versamail as the default however Xpressmail takes over as the default app after every soft reset.

2. When i click a hyperlink from within Versamail, it opens Blazer but there is no way to go back to the message. I have to restart Versamail and go to the message.

3. I need to turn off "Answer incoming calls from any button" feature. There have been times when calls have been answered unknowingly when the phone was in my pocket. I remember seeing a post about this but can't find it.

Thanks
    Addressing your points in order:

1. Odd. Those preferences should be saved between resets. Don't know what to suggest there.
    2. That's a limitation of WorsaMail. I use Chatter, and when I press the Mail button it takes me back to the message I was last reading, exactly where I left it.
    3. Preferences - Touchscreen.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3. gaurav
    1. It's amazing no one else has this problem. I'll try to get help from Palm.

2. OK - now i'll have to research alternate mail apps

3. Actually i found it in Pref - Keyguard - but thanks for your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav
    Everything else seems to work fine except for these annoyances.
    I am hoping some of you might be able to help.

2. When i click a hyperlink from within Versamail, it opens Blazer but there is no way to go back to the message. I have to restart Versamail and go to the message.
    True, when reading e-mail.

However, when composing e-mail, if you have the To address filled in, switching away and back to Verasamail brings you back to the e-mail you were composing.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    3. Actually i found it in Pref - Keyguard - but thanks for your answer.
    Yeah, that's where I meant. Read what I mean, not what I write.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Oh, no. You're not the only one with the Preferences problem. I've posted on this before and the answer that I got was that it's a "feature."
    Better than KeyGuard: check out TreoGuard (and maybe Pocket Protector) from Geakware.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    1. That is normal. Isn't xpress mail cingular's version of the Seven Client? If so, it steals that button back every time and there's nothing you can do about it.
  9. gaurav
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    1. That is normal. Isn't xpress mail cingular's version of the Seven Client? If so, it steals that button back every time and there's nothing you can do about it.
    doesn't make sense to me.
    If Palm intended Xpressmail to be the ONLY default mail app then why would they provide options to set other mail apps as defaults ?
  10. gaurav
    Quote Originally Posted by hlevin
    Oh, no. You're not the only one with the Preferences problem. I've posted on this before and the answer that I got was that it's a "feature."
    who gave you that answer ? Palm ?
    doesn't make sense to me.
    If Palm intended Xpressmail to be the ONLY default mail app then why would they provide options to set other mail apps as defaults ?
    Palmone didn't intend that. Cingular did.
  12. gaurav
    Palmone didn't intend that. Cingular did.
    OK - now that i reallize Xpressmail is specific to Cingular - it starts to make sense. So Palm made it optional but Cingular forces their app to be the default.

If that's the case, every Cingular 650 should display this behaviour.

Can some Cingular 650s owners pls perform this test -
    Set versamail as the default app for the messaging button.
    Perform a soft reset and see if Versamail is still the default app or did it change to Xpressmail.

Thanks for your help.
    I have Cingular phone. I have defined the following behavior to the 4 program buttons:

Button -> Action

Phone -> Phone
    Option+Phone -> Web
    Calendar -> Datebk5
    Option+Calendar -> Contacts
    Email -> Versamail
    Option+Email -> Memos

This behavior is unaffected by soft resets.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Likewise, I have the Messaging button on my cingular 650 set to invoke Chatter, and it doesn't get reset to ExpressMail after a reset. Perhaps that's because I've never invoked ExpressMail even once, or perhaps there is some setting within ExpressMail that tells it to re-assert itself as the default. Have you checked the available options within ExpressMail? This is obviously not a universal problem, so there must be something particular about your setup.
  15. gaurav
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Likewise, I have the Messaging button on my cingular 650 set to invoke Chatter, and it doesn't get reset to ExpressMail after a reset. Perhaps that's because I've never invoked ExpressMail even once, or perhaps there is some setting within ExpressMail that tells it to re-assert itself as the default. Have you checked the available options within ExpressMail? This is obviously not a universal problem, so there must be something particular about your setup.
    Couldn't find any settings in Xpressmail.
    I even deleted my mail account from within Xpressmail so that it doesn't have anything to sync.

Still the same problem.

Soft Reset always reverts two settings -
    a. Makes Xpressmail the default mail app
    b. Makes Xpressmail the default app for the mail button.

Looks like i'll have to get Cingular o help. Are those guys helpful ?
    If you don't have xpressmail installed it won't have this behavior. Does the program come installed on all cingular treos or just a program that downloads it? I know on Sprint there is a program called "GetBC" which downloads the program. Once the program is downloaded, it will steal your mail button each reset.
  17. gaurav
    If you don't have xpressmail installed it won't have this behavior. Does the program come installed on all cingular treos or just a program that downloads it? I know on Sprint there is a program called "GetBC" which downloads the program. Once the program is downloaded, it will steal your mail button each reset.
    Xpressmail came installed on my phone. Is there a way to uninstall it ?
    Go into the application launcher, hit :menu: D and select it for deletion.
  19. gaurav
    i'll try it - although i read on another forum that even deleting the app doesn't help as there seems to be a small xpressmail installer in the ROM that tries to re-install it.
  20. gaurav
    deleted xpressmail and the problem seems to be fixed - THANKS for your suggestion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast