Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No problem. That is one of the most annoying features of any program ever. It isn't like it's a bug or anything. They had to purposely make it that way! They went out of their way to make our lives just a little bit worse. Ticks me off.
    Xpressmail is in the ROM on my Cingular phone. It is not listed in the list of items you can delete.

Where did you buy the phone? What firmware/software is it (do a Menu-Info in the Phone application when connected to Cingular).

Did you try a hard reset (you'll lose all the installed software and data .. backup before a hard reset)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. gaurav
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Xpressmail is in the ROM on my Cingular phone. It is not listed in the list of items you can delete.

Where did you buy the phone? What firmware/software is it (do a Menu-Info in the Phone application when connected to Cingular).

Did you try a hard reset (you'll lose all the installed software and data .. backup before a hard reset)?
    I was able to delete Xpressmail (althought the icon is still there on the app launcher).

Bought at Amazon
    F/W 1.05
    S/W 1.04-CNG
    Never tried a hard reset.
    As I understand it, the Xpress application that is installed in ROM, is simply a stub that allows you to install the full application, and that full application is the one that keeps stealing the Messaging key and which can be deleted.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I think that is right jetkins. There is a similar thing on Sprint phones that allows you to download sprintbc, but it doesn't steal the button until you do. You cannot delete the getbc app (though it does go into hiding once you download bc or seven).
    Yep... you are both correct in that Cingular and Sprint burn in the stub app for the Mail button to persuade users to try that first. Since they want the extra revenue it is their choice and in their best interest..... much to the annoyance of those who use alternatives.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12