Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Um....I believe he was being sarcastic
    Hard to tell, since many folks appear to havde trouble understanding taxes. My wife, for example, didn't want to accept a pay rise because it would have put us into the a higher tax bracket, and she thought we would lose a higher percentage of our total income and thus have a net negative effect. I had to explain to her that the higher rate only applies to the amount that exceeds the bracket cutoff, not to the entire amount.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    Yes, we are all very worried about the tax, now can we please stop posting about it. Every time I see a new post here I check it for new info and its just another post about tax. It's not like it's going to be that much.
    Listen to the man and start a new thread to discuss the tax ramifications of a gift no one's seen yet.
    All this complaining about tax codes just in the US... and people wonder why the contest wasn't open to non-US folks.
    FYI -- from Mediapost.com

AKQA launched a 12-hour campaign yesterday for palmOne. The "Thanks a Million" promotion gave away a Treo Smartphone every five minutes (that's 144 Treo 650 and Treo 600 smartphones). The campaign ran from noon to midnight EDT and in the first hour there were more than 325,000 entries - by the end there were more than 1.7 million entries. The campaign received some "divine" intervention in driving people to SeeTreo.com. AKQA secured an ad buy on Yahoo! News... and the pope was elected making for extra traffic to the news site. During this 12-hour period, the campaign modified the features of SeeTreo.com, the destination point for the online ads and e-mail

1.7 million entries. So now everyone can figure out their chances of winning. Pretty slim.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Um....I believe he was being sarcastic
    i was indeed being sarcastic
    Hey 1.2 M of those were mine!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567