Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I was trying to resist posting this, since it's my own little secret, but I might as well share it and not be so greedy.

The contest entry form is:
    http://www.seetreo.com/contest/entry.jsp
    That's where the flash leads you to. You can open that up on Blazer. The catch is that by the time you get done entering your info into the form on the Treo and hit "submit" you're likelt to get a message that the verification image has timed out. So when you load the page, do it quick.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I mentioned this over on MyTreo.net, so I'll mention it here too.
    If you win the Treo and plan on selling the "free" treo. Remember that on next year's IRS tax filing that you will be claiming the value of the treo as income.
    If the prize is $600, you just got $600 income. Depending on your income, deductions, etc, you could end up paying $200 of taxes for this prize.
    PalmeOne or the prize company will submit this to the IRS and send you a form stating this, and you will have to cliam the "street value of the prize" as the IRS forms reads. I just went though this on my taxes with a trip we wond last year.

I'm pretty positive the coupons will not need to be claimed as they are coupons, not prizes and therefore have no value.
    Having said that, I think I'd rather have a 50% coupon. I already have a Treo, but I could really use other stuff on the store for 1/2 off.

Just mentioning this so you don't get blindsided in April '06.
    All that said and done, wouldn't it still be fun to win!?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    i just wanna win anything really wouldn't matter to me.. if i got the free treo i'd give it to my dad
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I was trying to resist posting this, since it's my own little secret, but I might as well share it and not be so greedy.

The contest entry form is:
    http://www.seetreo.com/contest/entry.jsp
    That's where the flash leads you to. You can open that up on Blazer. The catch is that by the time you get done entering your info into the form on the Treo and hit "submit" you're likelt to get a message that the verification image has timed out. So when you load the page, do it quick.
    you can also just hit Back on your browser (or right click and click Back), which i considered doing, but that may be against the rules as some sort of automated entry. i'm not sure -- but i've seen users get disqualified for stuff like this and i want to be safer than sorry.
    You can enter as many times as you want so I have spent the better part of my work day entering. Also if you are really hardcore about this. Clear your auto complete and then search google for you name, last name, and email. then when prompted to sign up for the contest after the code of course just fill the form out once. then every time after the code you can press tab down tab down tab down tab spacebar enter. hhahaha just like cheat codes. hahah
    Quote Originally Posted by ToroA
    You can enter as many times as you want so I have spent the better part of my work day entering. Also if you are really hardcore about this. Clear your auto complete and then search google for you name, last name, and email. then when prompted to sign up for the contest after the code of course just fill the form out once. then every time after the code you can press tab down tab down tab down tab spacebar enter. hhahaha just like cheat codes. hahah
    Depending on your salary, it may be bennificial for your boss to just buy you a damn treo so you will get back to work.

E44
    Well I clicked back twice, so I guess there goes my chance. Oh well I never win anything anyways, so no loss. I love to hear how many forum members win though...I feel a poll coming up in 72hrs.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Damn, well put I will definately print this out and show him this.
    also its two downs before each tab
    I just checked and the automated script that I set up before I left for work this morning has entered 167,582 times. It is running on five PCs and randomizing between 12 email accounts.

I am pretty sure that I am going to win so you guys can all quit entering now. ;-)
    Or just get the Google Toolbar. Use the AutoFill button. Fills in your Name and email address for you instantly.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    "I just checked and the automated script that I set up before I left for work this morning has entered 167,582 times. It is running on five PCs and randomizing between 12 email accounts.

I am pretty sure that I am going to win so you guys can all quit entering now. ;-)"

hahaha dammint I thought I was top Banana
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Or just get the Google Toolbar. Use the AutoFill button. Fills in your Name and email address for you instantly.
    cool whatever works
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I just checked and the automated script that I set up before I left for work this morning has entered 167,582 times. It is running on five PCs and randomizing between 12 email accounts.

I am pretty sure that I am going to win so you guys can all quit entering now. ;-)
    Or you'll get disqualified. I think you just lost...

...The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries may be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion.
    and

9. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision palmOne makes regarding this Promotion, which are final and binding in all respects. Whether an entrant is eligible is solely within the discretion of palmOne. palmOne reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other Promotion conducted by palmOne, and to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law, any entrant or winner who, in palmOne’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with palmOne’s web site, the entry process, the Promotion, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Sweet one less person, what luck!!!!!
    Ok then, what about child labor? By automated script what I really meant was that I hired 20 six year olds to enter the data and am paying them 25 cents an hour.... yadda yadda yadda.

BTW, Im just kidding around man. Smile, be happy.

E44
    Well hopefully the guys at palm are like: "Uh, this guy is nuts he must really want one." then not only do you get the Treo 650 but a voucher for the Treo 800. finally they give you a clearence to tour palm HQ. Oh yeah and the 50% off of course.

Be sure to take pics of the insides of that building especially the 800.....
    Well hopefully the guys at palm are like: "Uh, this guy is nuts he must really want one." then not only do you get the Treo 650 but a voucher for the Treo 800. finally they give you a clearence to tour palm HQ. Oh yeah and the 50% off of course.

Be sure to take pics of the insides of that building especially the 800.....
    Sure, I would take that deal. But I would be happy with a damn firmware release for the unlocked GSM version of the 650. Just think, if I had two 650's I could give one to my wife and then we could call each other and both have to say "could you speak up, I cant hear you"

By the way, where it says:

"Mechanically generated entries may be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion. "

I think it disqualifies all of us, since we are ALL using mechanically generated entries. So I have also been sending post cards to palm one with my entry information. I had to hand write them all out since even using a typewriter could be considered mechanically generated. So mine are the only valid entries... SUCKERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I think it disqualifies all of us, since we are ALL using mechanically generated entries. So I have also been sending post cards to palm one with my entry information. I had to hand write them all out since even using a typewriter could be considered mechanically generated. So mine are the only valid entries... SUCKERS!
    Ask if you can bring a guest
    <=======
    Or maybe we just all win The Rubber Treo 650 that the guy was asking for in the other section of the forum......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Whether an entrant is eligible is solely within the discretion of palmOne. palmOne reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other Promotion conducted by palmOne, and to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law, any entrant or winner who, in palmOne’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with palmOne’s web site, the entry process, the Promotion, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner
    If the same bunch that is running the Palm Pays Back program, it is highly unlikely that anyone will win. I have never seen a bunch of wackos that hide behind email and fax numbers and make totally bogus decisions that are not based on fact but opinions or "discretion of palmOne".
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast