1.    #1  
    I went to some conference last weekend, and I saw the guy in front of me playing with his smartphone. The look is very similar, if not the same as our beloved Treo 650. I saw the top left label says "palmone". It was 2/3 the size of Treo650, definitely smaller, leaner and nice!!!!
    I couldn't ask him at the time, and coudn''t find him after the conference was over.

Anyone knows what phone it is?
    Was this in SF Bay Area? You see a lot of people with prototypes walking around. The Danger guys were walking around with Hiptops for months before they were released.

Group Sense also makes a bunch of Palm based Smartphones. Did it look the any of those on the follow page:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/GS...s_in_N_America

Palm also has pictures of more on the PalmOne site.

The G18 and the G88 especially look like baby Treos.
    Last edited by puppyfriend; 04/19/2005 at 12:23 AM.
    treo 433.33333333334
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    Was this in SF Bay Area? You see a lot of people with prototypes walking around. The Danger guys were walking around with Hiptops for months before they were released.

Group Sense also makes a bunch of Palm based Smartphones. Did it look the any of those on the follow page:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/GS...s_in_N_America

Palm also has pictures of more on the PalmOne site.

The G18 and the G88 especially look like baby Treos.

Yes it was in Bay Area.
    I browsed thru P1 phones, can't find it.
    Unless my eyes were lying to me, I am sure it was just like Treo 650 only smaller in size. It has the antena like T650, the keyboard like T650 (light up), everything is just like T650, only dimension is the obvious difference. I was probably 2 yards away, so it was close enough that I can read the "palmone" label.

The guy is an asian, perhaps he got it from Japan or Korea or somewhere abroad.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I would not want a smaller treo, except it would be nice if it was thinner. But I would not want it narrower as the screen would be smaller.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawkinca
    ...Anyone knows what phone it is?
    come on, with a name like JHawkin you ought to know exactly what it was...

could it have been a 600 ??
    600 is virtually identical in size to 650.

Aside from that, I can't imagine a phone 2/3s as wide with a full QWERTY keyboard. The keys would be so tiny and close together I don't know how you'd type. I can imagine a smaller Palm based phone with a regular 12 key pad and smaller touch screen, combined with the 5 way and answer / hang-up buttons. Are you sure it had a full keyboard?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    I would not want a smaller treo, except it would be nice if it was thinner. But I would not want it narrower as the screen would be smaller.
    Me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawkinca
    The guy is an asian, perhaps he got it from Japan or Korea or somewhere abroad.
    Yeah, that's where all me and my Japanese and Korean buddies get our stuff.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Nah - the guy just had BIG hands (think Shak or Walton)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.