Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    The value is what you percieve the value to be to you.

T600 to T650 trade up no more than $150.00.
    The cost difference between the 600 and the 650 is no where near $600 so why would you assume it had $600 worth of improvements?
    Nope, for someone to purchase a T650 that has a T600, before selling theirs, maybe a $150 is the true worth of the improvements, If they worked properly.
    Ok so if the 650 has $150 worth of improvements, but doesn't cost $150 more than the 600 it sounds pretty sweet to me.

NO product doubles its abilities.

The new big screen tv's are not $2,500 better than the one I bought last year. That doesn't make them garbage. I just wont upgrade until it makes sense to do so.

I certainly wont go out and buy one and then complain to everyone that its not leaps and bounds better than the one I bought six months ago... Why would those A**holes expect me to pay $2,500 for something only has minor improvements?!?!!?!?
    ... and to top it off Those Mitsubishi Muther%#$@^ refuse to give me any upgrade discounts!!!!!!!!! With an attitude like that you can bet they are on thier way out.
    Get with the program Mits. or you'll be gone!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Ok so if the 650 has $150 worth of improvements, but doesn't cost $150 more than the 600 it sounds pretty sweet to me.

NO product doubles its abilities.

The new big screen tv's are not $2,500 better than the one I bought last year. That doesn't make them garbage. I just wont upgrade until it makes sense to do so.

I certainly wont go out and buy one and then complain to everyone that its not leaps and bounds better than the one I bought six months ago... Why would those A**holes expect me to pay $2,500 for something only has minor improvements?!?!!?!?
    Yup, that is what I am saying, it has to be worth the price to the end-user. When mine craps out then I would consider the upgrade. But just to have it to have is nothing but pure impulse.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    that's a good way to put this into perspective, dbrummels. I have to agree you there.
    I played with the 650 at the store yesterday and I have to say that screen is really something. I also really liked the feel of the keyboard. speedier than the 600 but not dramatically so, at least from what I saw. the camera is truly a nice improvement as well.
    man, this is tough. I love what I saw at the store, but I don't want to lose the stability of the t600 right now either. tough call.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Yup, that is what I am saying, it has to be worth the price to the end-user. When mine craps out then I would consider the upgrade. But just to have it to have is nothing but pure impulse.
    Exactly but it doesn't translate to the 650 falling short. If you didn't have a Treo, which one would you buy today?
    at $79 a Cingular T600..
    My new laptop is not a $1500 dollar step up from the one I bought last year either.

In fact its only improvements mimic that of the 650
    faster processor
    better screen
    Ok there is one thing I did get bigger hard drive.

However these improvements caused my battery life to down.
    now that I think about it... BIG DUMB STUPID PC COMPANY what the Hell were they thinking releasing this piece of junk?!?!?!?
    Why would you waste $1500 on a slightly faster processor better screen and hd if your other is only a year old ?
    If you or anyone else thinks the 650 is a piece of ****, I'll gladly give you $20 for it.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    If you or anyone else thinks the 650 is a piece of ****, I'll gladly give you $20 for it.
    Ask the thread starter.
    The value is what you percieve the value to be to you.

T600 to T650 trade up no more than $150.00.
    Thank you!!! That's what I was going to say...
    I paid $299 for the 600 in January and $449 for the 650 in February.
    and I paid $449 for my 600 and 11 months later I paid zero for my uprgrade to 650. This is because my (oh so stable 600) had to be replaced 8 times. I have had this 650 for 4 months! That's a huge quality improvement!
    I don't understand the "I gotta have the latest and greatest" upgrade cycle. I used my palm Vx for 5 years.....my phones have all gone 3 or 4 years between upgrades. I don't upgarde my 3.0 Ghz PC when the 3.2 GFhz model comes out so why is there a need to upgrade your phone just because anew model is out. I was dying to dump my "two pocket" apprach (Palm Vx and phone) but decided I'd wait for a wireless headset before jumping to the Treo. I'll see no need to jump to the 670 or whatever until my 650 gets "long in the tooth".

Of course, since its "my name on the stationary", I have an easy option w/ GSM to hand the 650 down to a notch on the "seniority scale" and jump on the next Treo if I choose to. But it's gonna have to have soemthing more than "Wow, you have the latest Treo coolness factor" to get me down that path. It's gonna have to have some ROI (return on investment).....will the time I save with the new device offset the time I spend getting it ready for use ? If not, no buy. Technology can be a burden rather than a tool.
    Yes but it doesn't make any future products crap just becuase you don't want to upgrade at this time
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't understand the "I gotta have the latest and greatest" upgrade cycle. I used my palm Vx for 5 years.....my phones have all gone 3 or 4 years between upgrades. I don't upgarde my 3.0 Ghz PC when the 3.2 GFhz model comes out so why is there a need to upgrade your phone just because anew model is out. I was dying to dump my "two pocket" apprach (Palm Vx and phone) but decided I'd wait for a wireless headset before jumping to the Treo. I'll see no need to jump to the 670 or whatever until my 650 gets "long in the tooth".

Of course, since its "my name on the stationary", I have an easy option w/ GSM to hand the 650 down to a notch on the "seniority scale" and jump on the next Treo if I choose to. But it's gonna have to have soemthing more than "Wow, you have the latest Treo coolness factor" to get me down that path. It's gonna have to have some ROI (return on investment).....will the time I save with the new device offset the time I spend getting it ready for use ? If not, no buy. Technology can be a burden rather than a tool.
    What's to get?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Yes but it doesn't make any future products crap just becuase you don't want to upgrade at this time
    I don't recall saying that. I was responding to the "after buying the Treo 600, the Treo 650 doesn't offer $600 worth of upgrades" statement. My answer being "Why should it ?" and "upgrading isn't mandatory".

A new $2000 PC might offer an extra half a GHz, DDR2 and a few other bonuses but are the advantages worth $2k after yoyu just bought a new $2k PC last year ?....of course not. But since last year's PC will still do the job, there is no "requirement" to ugrade unless your buying decision is based upon needing to have the highest 3DMarks score on your web forum of choice.

Now, let last year's model gain 2 or 3 more years of age when new PC's have 4X the performance and 4 years worth of advancements , then an upgrade is worth $2k as the ROI will be readily realized.

The "upgrade" I have never understood is upgrading an OS on existing hardware. If you consider labor and "downtime", it's cheaper to buy a new PC with the new OS than it is to upgrade an existing one.
    My phone is great. It's the best phone I've ever owned.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    " don't recall saying that. I was responding to the "after buying the Treo 600, the Treo 650 doesn't offer $600 worth of upgrades" statement. My answer being "Why should it ?" and "upgrading isn't mandatory".

A new $2000 PC might offer an extra half a GHz, DDR2 and a few other bonuses but are the advantages worth $2k after yoyu just bought a new $2k PC last year ?....of course not. But since last year's PC will still do the job, there is no "requirement" to ugrade unless your buying decision is based upon needing to have the highest 3DMarks score on your web forum of choice.

Now, let last year's model gain 2 or 3 more years of age when new PC's have 4X the performance and 4 years worth of advancements , then an upgrade is worth $2k as the ROI will be readily realized.

The "upgrade" I have never understood is upgrading an OS on existing hardware. If you consider labor and "downtime", it's cheaper to buy a new PC with the new OS than it is to upgrade an existing one. "

well said. just because some of us don't feel the need to upgrade doesn't make us "treo-haters", or that we think the 650 is garbage. that's just plain silly.
    it just comes down to the possibility that maybe we can't justify the upgrade at this time.
    what's the big deal? sheesh.
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast