1.    #1  
    Ok, Ill make it quick and simple as possible, I as others have been dissapointed in the bluetooth on this phone and as a 3500 Minute+ a month user i use my phone a lot on the road. Headsets I bought and quick review.

Treo 650 Sprint. I have had 2 now.

Jabra 250-
    Treo Firmware- (firmware 1.03 or 1.08)
    Operation- Does not auto connect on outgoing call, very slow to ring.
    Audio- Lots of chops and static, very short distance.
    Clarity- Decent and natural, great volume
    Background Noise- Too much, in car or crowd.
    Range- 10 to 15 feet with static.
    Comfort- Very comfortable, but annoying since it plugs the ear.
    Notes- Hates Wi-Fi

Palm1 Jabra (special made)-
    Operation- Does auto connect, sometimes as long a 7 seconds, slow
    Audio- Lots of chops and static, very short distance.
    Clarity- Decent and natural, great volume
    Range- 10 to 15 feet with static.
    Comfort- Very comfortable, but annoying since it plugs the ear.
    Notes- Hates Wi-Fi

Plantronics M2500-
    Operation- Does auto connect super fast connect and ring A+++
    Audio- Decent on your end, sounds like your in a can on the other.
    Clarity- Tin Can, people hated it.
    Range- 20 to 30 feet very good range
    Comfort- VERY VERY uncomfortable, it is horrible.
    Notes- Wi-Fi friendly, did fine, but is horribly made, I like the button on the mouth piece easy to find, and super fast connect, usually 1 to 2 secs.

Plantronics M3500-
    Operation- Does auto connect on outgoing call and redial works, (somtimes)
    Audio- Decent on your end, and good to others also
    Clarity- Very natual
    Background Noise- Has noise canceling and it works, wind not so good.
    Range- 20 to 30 feet very good range
    Comfort- Ok, heavy and large, but weareable.
    Notes- Wi-Fi friendly, did fine, but low battery life and expensive.

Motorola HS810-
    Audio- Good, on both ends, one of the best, poor volume on your end.
    Clarity- Decent and natural
    Range- 20 to 30 feet.
    Comfort- Very comfortable, super super light, I loved it.
    Notes- Little Wi-Fi interfearance, but not bad. Not enought volume, in a car or crowd.

Motorola HS820- (Same as 810 as far as I could tell)
    Range- 20 to 30 feet.
    Notes- Little Wi-Fi interfearance, but not bad. Not enought volume, in a car or crowd.

Motorola HS850-
    Operation- It did auto connect until I did the 1.08 upgrade, then it did not work right. I could not even answer the phone.
    Range- 20 to 30 feet.
    Notes- Little Wi-Fi interfearance, but not bad. Not enought volume, in a car or crowd. The 1.08 upgrade really messed with this headset.

At this point I was getting desperate.... So I was taking stabs at anything.

Jabra BT800-
    [B]Treo Firmware
    Oh dont even bother, it does not work at all. Very cool Very expensive, it does not work forget it.

(The guy at compusa said oh it's junk, well I want to try for grins anyway)

Logitech Mobile Freedom-
    Operation- Autoconnects, FAST, works perfect everytime.
    Audio- Stunning, people did not know I was using it, people will now talk to me!!!!!
    Clarity- Awsome. The best I have evey used, hands down.
    Background Noise- Very VERY VERY little, and it works in wind. Windows down, sunroof open (NO KIDDING)
    Range- 20 to 30 feet or more.
    Comfort- Jury was out at first, might not be so good on a HOT day, the large Walkman style ear phone is large, and LOUD, But makes ear kind of hot.
    Notes- Absolutly NO POPS or Chatter on my WiFi networks, this is hands down the best headset to date, and it was CHEAP, the battery has yet to die 2 days of hard use before most charges, it is rugged, I WAS SO SUPRISED. Here is a interesting note, people on cell phones had a hardtime hearing me on this headset than the Sony below??? But on Land Lines they said it was perfect as was the Sony below????

Last but not least.

Sony Ericsson HBH-650-
    Operation- Super fast, autoconnects, caller id works, yea ha!!!!
    Audio- 1/2 say it is better than the Logitech 1/2 say the logitech is better. But the Logitech is better in wind, hands down, you can talk in front of a fan.
    Background Noise- So far great.
    Range- 30+ Feet and it is CLEAR ON THE OTHER END..
    Comfort- Im not sure yet, it is hanging off my ear right now, whomever designed the ear piece needs to be shot, but we will see if it wears well
    Notes- WiFi does not bother it, great battery, super fast reaction super cool, super little, the jury is out weather it is going to wear as well as the logitech or sound as good going down the road, I will decide and post tomorrow.

I commute 1 hour and 45 minutes every day and use my phone a LOT in a car and 2 buildings filled with wireless communications. Most headsets have failed BAD, but the Logitech (suprise) is a stunning headset that works perfect eveyrtime, it is cheap and wears well. The Sony does not fit right but works great and the caller ID is NICE, since I use a pouch. But for the guys still looking try the Logitech, it is better than most out there, and the Sony is just as good if not better, I will know for sure tomorrow.

Oh this phone has been fun.... anyway just wanted to share so you dont have to do what I did.
    Last edited by pholt; 04/18/2005 at 10:40 PM.
    Great post. It would be helpful if you could edit in pricing for each one & maybe link to photo/ info.

This will help those just starting to look @ BT.

Thanks
    FastFrank
    How about the rebranded Treo Wireless Headset (a Jabra BT3xx model)?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    How about the rebranded Treo Wireless Headset (a Jabra BT3xx model)?
    I dont know those are the ones I have tested, and i think the Logitech is going to win, the Sony got a little uncomfortable this morning, I love the caller id, size and quality but it is just not as comfortale as the Lotigetch. I will decide today.
    Sony Ericsson HBH-650-

Did u mean the 660?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney
    Sony Ericsson HBH-650-

Did u mean the 660?
    Yes it is the 660.

I wore the 660 all day, it just does not fit, not bad really does not bother me, but at 80 mph down the highway I had trouble hearing some people today, I do not with the Logitech, it is a better headset and by the way that it is made indistructable. I like to hook the earpiece of the Logitech on my belt at lunch etc, and I did that with the Sony today and the earpiece fell off. I wanted so bad to Like the Sony, but the Logitech wins.

Im sold, no more headsets. I will misss the caller ID, but being in a car all day I need volume and comfort.
    Great reviews, Thanks.

I am still looking for a good bluetooth headset. I have tried the et-2000, HBH-660, and the GG03a. The reviews for the Logitech Mobile Freedom have not been very positive except for the review by pholt. Most have said it is very uncomfortable. Bellow is what I have found so far on the headsets I have tried.

Did not like the et-2000 due to static. The sound was OK if close to your phone.
    The included ear "gells" (just a circular ruber piece) did not keep the phone steady in my ear. Had to use the included ear loop. Very cheaply made. The redial function did work with my treo 650. Connects very fast to the phone. Do not even think about using it in a windy environment. Over all I would give it a 5 out of 10

Did not like the HBH660 due to comfort and sound. Had to fisically hold the earpiece in place with my hand in order to hear anything. Volume is weak. None of the features worked with the Treo 650 except answer a call and end the call. redial did not work at all. The ear loop is very painful, could only wear it for about 10 min. It is non-adjustable, so if you have tiny ears, it may work for you. I tried to attach the jabra earjells as suggested in another chat area, but I could not get them to stay in place. The caller ID did work, If you can read it! I would give it a 5 out of 10

The GG03a has good sound and the jabra ear jells work great with this headset. However, the redial feature does not work. It will turn the phone on, dial the number, but then you cannot hear anything, nor can the other person at the other end hear you. The buttons used for volume and other features are hard to use. When the headset is turned on there are three very bright blue flashing lights. Definatily not what I want. It draws to much attention. Over all it is not a bad headset for $69.00. I would probably keep it if it was not for the flashing blue lights. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I am convinced that there is a bluetooth problem with the Treo 650 and I hope it will be addressed in future updates. Love the phone, but it is lacking in many areas.

Besharp1