1.    #1  
    I am a new PTunes user.

Is there a way to find Shoutcast stations on my computer and set them as bookmarks on PTunes via Hotsync?

I know I can go to Blazer and look up Shoutcast and then save bookmark etc. but I would rather do this via the desktop and then hotsync...
    I haven't tried this but could you email the link from your desktop to your Palm, then open the email on your palm, go to the link?
    not what you're looking for but this is a great site....

mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast
    From IE on my pc, I find a station on Shoutcast that I want, right click on the link then click on 'Copy Shortcut'. I then paste the links into a note in outlook, sync and tap on the link in my Treo 600 memo. This auto opens the web browser and asks if you want to open or save the downloaded link. Choose 'Save' and the station starts streaming the in Ptunes.
    Last edited by antmelnat; 04/19/2005 at 10:43 AM. Reason: One more step
  5.    #5  
    Dutch,

I've seen that site. Do you know what I do with that? Is that just telling me the good stations and then I have to manually search for them on Blazer by using the station name under Shoutcast?

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all. I'll give that a try.

P.s. I know there is talk of the new PTunes upgrade. What is the max bit rate you are finding works without buffer interuption?
    You could always have your assistant do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    Dutch,

I've seen that site. Do you know what I do with that? Is that just telling me the good stations and then I have to manually search for them on Blazer by using the station name under Shoutcast?

Thanks.
    The site is meant to be visited on your Treo, and then select the links there which should launch the station in PTunes. The site is basically a mobile version of shoutcast.com.

Thanks dutchtrumpet for recommending TreoBits.
    Quote Originally Posted by eedwards
    I haven't tried this but could you email the link from your desktop to your Palm, then open the email on your palm, go to the link?
    Yes, emailing the link should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    Thanks all. I'll give that a try.

P.s. I know there is talk of the new PTunes upgrade. What is the max bit rate you are finding works without buffer interuption?
    This really depends on the station. The network latency plays a role with buffering, so bitrate isn't the only thing to consider for a quality connection. If their is some latency between your Treo and the station, then a lower bitrate will work better. The larger buffer in the latest PTunes helps make some higher bitrate stations work without buffering. Safe bet is usually 56k and lower bitrate stations.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks all!
    All of my Shoutcast stations come in as mono...is that the only choice for them?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA