Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Magnassun-Moss says nothing I could find that states anything about a warranty having to be anything longer than 10 days.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Well sorry to **** in, but score one for mdavis. I was thinking of buying this battery from PDAparts but thanks to him/her I held off due to the warranty. I'll get the one from LaptopsForLess which has a one year warranty. Thanks to this forum again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yunno I have to go with DRagonman on this one. You didnt do your homework before hand.

Mdavis you talk like a fountain of warranty knowledge and yet you got bit in this case. Now I am guessing you learned all this AFTER your experience. If nothing else I hope you have learned that you should do your investigating of a company you dont know BEFORE you buy from them.

I looked at their site and the warranty stuff is pretty easy to find and seems to be in plain english. If the warranty wasnt satsfactory why did you buy from them?

Sorry bud, but you chose to do the transaction even with full availability of the warranty info at your disposal. Of course I guess you could take them to court over it. Or just get yourself a 650, it has a removable battery.
    I think the lesson here is to make sure you know the warranty terms before you purchase something, anything. I bought a screen from this same company, PDA parts. When I got it, I found it wasn't really what I needed, but before I bought it I read that it could not be returned. I didn't make a big deal about it, since I knew ahead of time the rules I was playing under.

In this case, it clearly says in the product description that this battery is a "3rd Party Brand New battery." I and many know from experience that this can mean anything. What I have found is that generally, aftermarket, no-name batteries from China rarely perform like the original. Some do and maybe there are better batteries for the Treo. Personally, I like to stick to the original OEM batteries
    Last edited by gapost; 04/19/2005 at 04:04 PM.
    I've researched the UCC and based on what I read I must concede the point about implied warranties.

Mrdavis your info is correct about not agreeing to a warranty. If you pushed it appears that you may in fact have a case of breach of implied warranty.

OK so I don't know the law, but a more thorough investigation of the company might have saved you some grief.

Congrats to the person who did his homework and got a 1 year warranty.

Again I said if I was wrong I would admit...I WAS WRONG..

brrrong...NOW class is over. :-))

Thank you for the education!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Good post, Dragonman.

You, of course, were also quite right when you said it was a good idea to read stuff like warranty, returns policy etc. It can tell you whether you're going to have a hard or an easy time getting your legal rights if something goes wrong. With a warranty like that, your legal rights weren't changed *but* you were obviously going to have trouble enforcing them.

A good lesson to us all!
    Thank you kindly...

I've learned more useful info on these 2 pages than a season of CSI Malibu (or whatever the name). This post should be 'stickied'.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12