1.    #1  
    I just bought my Treo 650 about 2 weeks ago and the battery won't even keep a full charge for the day. I am on the phone A LOT but you would still think it would atleast hold a full days charge. I get about 5 hours at best. Should I excange it for a new one? I still have two weeks left to do this. Let me know.
    Do you keep BT on?
    Do you use versamail to auto check frequently?
    Do you surf the web(in blazer)or stream audio?
    By "A LOT" How much time do you mean?

These can all contribute to poor battery life.
    Hello imgg,

This is Kevin from palmOne. dutchtrumpet lists some very important points. Battery life depends on individual use. Consumption factors include signal strength, speakerphone use, and whether calls are data or voice calls. When your device’s phone is on, the Treo battery provides up to 4.5 hours of talk time.
    The wireless features of your Treo (phone, email, messaging, and Web) consume more power than its organizer features. But, if you spend a lot of time using the camera, games, media players, eBooks, or other Palm OS applications, keep an eye on the battery level and charge when necessary.
    Also, as with any mobile phone, if you are in an area with no wireless coverage, your phone will search for a signal, which consumes power. If you cannot move to an area of better coverage, you might want to temporarily turn off the phone.
    A couple of other things you can do to help preserve battery life are to turn down the screen brightness and decrease the Auto-off setting in Power Preferences. This will turn off your screen automatically after a shorter period of inactivity.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello imgg,

This is Kevin from palmOne. dutchtrumpet lists some very important points. Battery life depends on individual use. Consumption factors include signal strength, speakerphone use, and whether calls are data or voice calls. When your device’s phone is on, the Treo battery provides up to 4.5 hours of talk time.
    The wireless features of your Treo (phone, email, messaging, and Web) consume more power than its organizer features. But, if you spend a lot of time using the camera, games, media players, eBooks, or other Palm OS applications, keep an eye on the battery level and charge when necessary.
    Also, as with any mobile phone, if you are in an area with no wireless coverage, your phone will search for a signal, which consumes power. If you cannot move to an area of better coverage, you might want to temporarily turn off the phone.
    A couple of other things you can do to help preserve battery life are to turn down the screen brightness and decrease the Auto-off setting in Power Preferences. This will turn off your screen automatically after a shorter period of inactivity.

Sincerely
    Kevin

Thanks for popping in Kevin!! I hope the testing's going well on the next treo!!
  5.    #5  
    Bluetooth is off. However- I use the speakerphone A LOT. I'm in sales so i'm on the phone practically all day. It's sucks. Would a bluetooth headset help my battery life?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    Bluetooth is off. However- I use the speakerphone A LOT. I'm in sales so i'm on the phone practically all day. It's sucks. Would a bluetooth headset help my battery life?

Thanks!
    It will help make it shorter...

You need a spare battery. 5 hours talk time is about what you will get from any cell phone these days.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Just use a charger...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    1) install keyshades ( this gives me at least an extra hour and half of talk time)
    2) treo guard (i use this to turn off the screen while talking, extra hour or so talk time.)
    3) you may want to consider using the head set that came with the treo instead of the speakerphone also.

every little bit counts
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    use treoguard and set it to turn off after 30 second...
    He's getting 5 hours of talk time. Thats the max for CDMA phones, 6 for GSM phones. And that is "up to" that number. I think he talks too much between charges...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ... or charges to little between talks....
    What is key shades?
  13.    #13  
    Thanks everyone...what is treoguard?

I ran over my headset but I guess i should buy some more for spare.

Thanks for all the tips.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    An even better option, since you are in sales and are on the phone all the time, is to get an extra battery and maybe a cradle in which to charge it along with your Treo. In addition, the tips that everyone else mentioned will definitely help.

I rarely use my phone that much, but on one occassion I did squeeze 5 hours out of mine and still had over 20% left. It is an unlocked GSM and part of that time I had the speaker phone on. Just be mindful of the programs that you have running and what you may be doing on the Treo that may consume additional power.
    keyshades toggle the keyboard lights on and off (mine are off 99% of the time) after you install it you need to soft reset. once it is installed you hold the side button to light the keys when the keys light up let the button go an the assigned app wont launch (that is if u have an app assigned to that button)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Ya will get about 5 hours of talk time on Sprint (CDMA) and 7.5 on Congular (GSM) according to PC Magazine's tests. The ;atter should jsut about get you thru an 8 hour day...if ya can charge at lunch, ya should be OK. Are you in a car ? A car charger / cradle and a BT headset would make the battery life non issue.
  17.    #17  
    I'm both in my car and home so charging really isn't too much of an issue unless i'm traveling. I just need to do it more often i guess! How do you charge an spare battery?

Thanks again for all the responses!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    treoguard http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/#downloads
    shuts off the screen, kb lights etc after a pre-defined interval (and a lot more) - well worth the money.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    I'm both in my car and home so charging really isn't too much of an issue unless i'm traveling. I just need to do it more often i guess! How do you charge an spare battery?
    Spare battery goes in cradle.