1.    #1  
    My boss has a Treo 600. He wants me to find a cradle for him that will serve as a charger and synch with his desktop. It can't be from e-bay because he is buying it with company funds and ebay purchases are forbidden (a lot of mumbo jumbo about that).

So I have found several online stores that carry an OEM cradle by PalmOne, however they all state that in order for the cradle to serve as a charger, you have to plug in the AC charger, which is not included (see example)

My question is, what exactly is the AC charger? Is it this? Or is it an AC adapter, and if so what does the voltage output need to be? It seems like a very simple question to me, but none of the reps for online stores that I talked to had any meaningful reply (it was just some automated response "in order for the cradle to work as a charger, you must also purchase the AC charger (not included)."

Any help would be much appreciated. I just want to make the correct purchase.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    In order for the cradle to be used for charging, you have to plug in the normal AC adapter, the same as the one that comes with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    All you need to purchase is the Palm brand Treo 600 Cradle. It has a cable with both a USB connector for PC connection and a short cable connector that uses the AC adapter that came with the Treo 600.
    So basicly with the Cradle you are replacing the Sync cable that came with the Treo 600. The Cradle has a push button on the front which is used for your HotSync just like the cable that came with the Treo 600.

I like using the Cradle myself rather than just having the Treo lay on the desk.

Rich
    If you want a cradle that will sync an charge with just a USB plug you'll have to make your own like I did... Just search for "Custom Cradle." Otherwise you'll have to use the OEM model that uses a wall wart to charge it when it's in the Cradle.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I just purchased the pacific rim combo cradle/charger from treocentral
    costs about $25 + it works great
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The Pacific Rim cradle, as lazarus pointed out, says it will charge and sync. It can be found here.
    I have an "Insten" charging cradle. Got it off ebay for a few bucks. Works great... it plugs into the laptop's usb port and charges my t600 without ac adapter.
    ......... )oe ............
    Black&White Sidekick,
    Color Sidekick,
    Sidekick 2,
    *Treo 600* AND NEVER LOOKED BACK!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz
    I just purchased the pacific rim combo cradle/charger from treocentral
    costs about $25 + it works great
    Thanks! I hadn't previously found any that charged through USB. This is great.

Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    The Pacific Rim cradle, as lazarus pointed out, says it will charge and sync. It can be found here.
    smeg36 thanks for the link!!
    Would someone please tell me the length of the USB cable that comes with the Insten Cradle? Also, is there room for a case while docking?
    Thanks