1.    #1  
    I can swear that my 650 turned itself off this morning. Has this happened to anyone? I have the newest firmware, and not running any auto turn-off feature of applications (e.g. TreoGuard, Butler, etc.) and not running Shadowmite ROMs.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed? If so what are they?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed? If so what are they?
    KBLights, TreoGuard, Butler, KeyCaps, TextPlus, DirectoryAssistant, FileZ. I think this is it. I've had these installed now for over three weeks, but today was the first time I've seen (again, I am not 100% certain, but pretty sure) the phone turn itself off.
    Yes my 650's did that all of the time.
    There's not enough room to list all the problems I had with the 650's.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I just sent my last one back for refund.
    Thank God.

I'll shoot myself before I every buy another Palm product again.
    I have a Treo 650 GSM unlocked that powers the phone off all the time. Haven't figured out what the deal is.

Here are the apps I have loaded:

Verichat
    Fonts4
    Documents to Go 7
    Cell Plan 1.3
    Directory Assistant 3.0
    Snappermail 2.2
    Bob's Alarm 3.501
    Mark N Dial
    Converter
    Bejeweled
    Text Twist

Hmmmm . . .I was just typing this message. I laid my Treo 650 on my desk and it powered off the phone. I wonder if it has something to do with the battery wiggling a little loose?
    Try doing a #*377 and see if it reset. Maybe the phone didn't coe back on after a reset you missed.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    This happens to me frequently when the phone resets. The strange thing is, sometimes the radio turns back on and sometimes it doesn't. However, I usually browsing the web or playing Trivial Pursuit when it resets, so I notice it.

Does anyone know why the radio only randomly turns back on after a reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I can swear that my 650 turned itself off this morning. Has this happened to anyone? I have the newest firmware, and not running any auto turn-off feature of applications (e.g. TreoGuard, Butler, etc.) and not running Shadowmite ROMs.
    Turned the entire 650 off, or just the phone? If you mean the phone turned off, then TreoGuard is the culprit. Delete it and it won't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman

Does anyone know why the radio only randomly turns back on after a reset?
    No, but if you wanna not care, PowerUp will automatically turn it back on for you.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-418.html?PowerUp
    My Treo 650 phone radio will turn off but the device does not reset. It is an I powered down the phone.

Any ideas??

I am not using Treo guard or anything like that.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I installed power up but it doesnt solve my problem ..the phone just turns off with no reset and i have to turn it on manually..... this is such a major **@@* pain.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    No, but if you wanna not care, PowerUp will automatically turn it back on for you.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-418.html?PowerUp
    As will Treohelper

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    phone technician also powers it back up as well.

i could be doing nothing near the phone, and all of the sudden, i'll hear the sprint welcome screen power on, so i know my phone randomly restarted, but i don't know why.
    make sure your battery is in snug. You could put a piece of paper in there to make it tighter.
  15.    #15  
    OK, i forgot to track my own thread...

My phone reset itself right in front of my eyes as I was typing (I noticed the PALM logon logo)! YUCK! Well, if TreoGuard is causing this, I will have to live with it b/c I like its features...anyways, thought I'd report out.