1.    #1  
    I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I would like some clarification. I have been getting 2 stories from Cingular regarding Instant Messaging. 1 person told me that each message counts as a text message and falls within my text messaging plan. Another person told me that Verichat uses my internet connection (unlimited MediaNet) and that it does NOT count towards my SMS plan.

Anyone with some CONCRETE proof?

I am using a GSM treo 650 on Cingular's network. I have a 200 text message per month plan and unlimited net.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    it depends if you are using the sms mode of verichat of not. If you use the sms mode it DOES use your txt message limit. If you don't use sms mode it DOESN't use your sms it uses DATA.
  3.    #3  
    Great! I just switched from SMS to Data.
    DATA or SMS?

Does anyone know how much is K is going on when ...

-booting up & connecting Verichat
    -per char
    -standby

I can't decide what's better ... Data or SMS mode
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    DATA or SMS?

Does anyone know how much is K is going on when ...

-booting up & connecting Verichat
    -per char
    -standby

I can't decide what's better ... Data or SMS mode
    i would go with data
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    i would go with data
    Me like your avatar!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    One important question - how do you switch from SMS to data? Thanks.
    In the Verichat preferences, "always on" tab, "use data connection".
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I posted this in another post, but I wanted to clarify here too. SMS is only used for the Always On option. Once you connect to someone and start chatting with them, it uses your data connection. Verichat is not a program that uses SMS for EVERY message you receive, only for Always On (for instance, if your Treo is sleep, or you are in another application). I figure that if you have a decent text messaging plan, this shouldn't be an issue.