1.    #1  
    I recently bought a small, cheap SD Card just to play around with (Kingston, 128 MB, $17). The problem is that I haven't been able to *write* to the card. I'm using it with the Treo 600, not a card reader. While talking to Kingston technical and customer support (excellent, btw), I discovered that when I put in the card with the read-only switch off (towards the connectors) it comes back out with the switch in the read-only position! There's actually something inside the slot that's flipping the switch!

Has anybody else had this problem? (I couldn't find any relevant threads.) Is it just that the switch on this card is too flimsy?

Kingston is sending me a new card, but I think the problem might be more fundamental...

thanks!
    kelle
    The switch on my 1 GB Lexar doesn't get flipped.

Suggest superglue?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with my card. As I never have a need to lock the card, I just applied a tiny droplet of Supper Glue. No more problem.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I was thinking of creative ways to get around the problem, but you know, it should really just work! This card is going back and I'm getting me one that actually functions properly!

N7AS - so that i'll know which one not to buy in the future, what kind of card do you have?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kelle
    Yeah, I was thinking of creative ways to get around the problem, but you know, it should really just work! This card is going back and I'm getting me one that actually functions properly!

N7AS - so that i'll know which one not to buy in the future, what kind of card do you have?
    Go with ATP 60x PRO. My 256MB ATP had the switch problem, but the 512MB ATP that I have now does not have this problem.
    My Lexar 1 gig also does not have a problem, but it's in my 650. I didn't have the 1 gig when I had my 600, but I also never experienced this problem.