1.    #1  
    While i am on a call, the screen dims, as it should. When i am done with my call, i press the hang-up button, which brings the screen back but doesn't hang up the phone, i have to hang-up again to disconnect the call.

Is this normal?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I haven't had that issue, but for clarification;

Are you hitting the hardware button, or the on screen button?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You might have keypad lock on - try hitting the 5-way and select hang-up on the screen.
  4.    #4  
    I usually use the hardware button (center button)
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    The red phone button is for hang ups too, isn't it? Works for me on all cell phones. A hard short press hangs up the call, the longer press turns the phone off. I didn't even know you could use the center button to hang up.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I had this problem also. It was because I had Butler (I think) set to disable the button on incoming calls. First click didn't work, but second one did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I didn't even know you could use the center button to hang up.
    The "Hang Up All" icon is the default on screen button that is highlighted, so that's why it hangs up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think I was having a similar problem.... To end a call, I was using the d-pad. I found myself having to click the d-pad twice...first to wake the screen...second to select "hang-up" button. But, if the call disconnected during the process of me hanging up....I ended up activating one of my favorites....which then became a pain because it would happen after every call.

Now I just get into the habit of using the end call "red phone" hardbutton to disconnect a call.
    Insertion, you know, I wasn't even thinking about that. I'm so used to just pressing the red button to hang up, LOL! You can tell I haven't used a phone like this before.

Rott, that's what I've been doing all along, coming off years of regular cell phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks all, i'll start using the 'red' button and see if that helps. Why didn't i think of that before?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Thanks all, i'll start using the 'red' button and see if that helps. Why didn't i think of that before?

Its probably the old habits carrying over from the 600. I still look for the home key at the bottom of the keyboard
    That's just a feature...at least for my unlocked 650.

It says in the manual that after the screen dims when you're on a call, one light touch to the screen will make the screen turn back on bright. The screen is then back "enabled" sort of...so then, press whatever button the screen.
    This is in the section of the manual talking about the touchscreen when on calls--it says, be careful not to keep your finger on the screen when you wake the screen up, because if you're finger is on the hang up button (on the screen) you will end the call.

The idea is that one light touch anywhere on the screen (after it has dimmed down during a call) will make the screen come back on, bright. Then you press whatever button.

If the screen has dimmed on a call, and you just press and hold your finger on the screen, the screen wakes up, but then if you finger happens to be on a button area on the screen, the button will be pressed.