1.    #1  
    Ok, I've searched in every Treo-centric site I know of, and have done many, many Google searches, but can't find the answer to this question.

On the Treo 650, how in the heck (other than with Butler, or other third party apps) do I get the command menu to show? For instance, when I'm either in the Home screen (ZLauncher) or in the Phone app and I want to bring up the command menu which contains my BlueFang shortcut, what key combinations do I push? At the moment, I have Butler set to make the menu button via press and hold bring up the command menu, but I'd rather not take up RAM with Butler since I don't use it for anything else.

Any suggestions here? Has Palm completely lost its mind by not including yet ANOTHER standard feature?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by hamsammich
    For instance, when I'm either in the Home screen (ZLauncher) or in the Phone app and I want to bring up the command menu which contains my BlueFang shortcut, what key combinations do I push?
    Don't know of a way within the OS, but ZLauncher includes an "Open Command Bar" button that you can place on your top or bottom button bar.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I use GrafittiAnywhere to access it and HR.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    FieldPlus also does this and only consumes 33K (while also facilitating text selection and enablings links for URLs and phone numbers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    FieldPlus also does this and only consumes 33K (while also facilitating text selection and enablings links for URLs and phone numbers)
    26K after the Sprint update.
    You could use the QuickLaunch function in ZLauncher - Add BlueFang as a favourite, enable "Quicklaunch anywhere", and assign this to a custom key (I'm using right shift at the moment, but that might get annoying).

Probably another 1 or 2 keypresses, but it's close.
    Gav
    -------
    Palm V -> Vx -> Tungsten|T -> Treo650
    The original Q is still un-answered: How does one get the Command menu on a stock Treo 650, without any add-on software?

I use Butler, so my solution (hold the Menu button) does not apply as a valid answer ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The fact that nobody has provided an answer would tend to suggest that there ain't no way.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    That's nuts! Why would P1 have a feature that was not accessible in any way (without spending $ on 3rd party software)?

There must be a way...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I thought it was a two step process - Menu Key then Space Bar...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I thought it was a two step process - Menu Key then Space Bar...
    That doesn't work on my Treo 650, I tried pressing the menu key, then pressing the space bar and I tried pressing and holding the menu key, then the spacebar....

Does it bring up the command bar on yours doing one of those steps?
    Menu key will bring up the menu for whatever is running (obviously). Spacebar will execute the command that is highlighted by default when the Menu key is invoked.

So, Menu -> space bar will NOT bring up the command menu.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    If you don't care about the Alt key, here is a software to change the Alt key into the command bar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So, is there any way to bring up the Command menu WITHOUT any add-on software?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    No, the need for it has passed.

This was only useful when handwriting was the only way to input into the handheld. Since this is the same program/hardware that is in the T|T5, it will be in the OS (backwards compatibility).
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.