Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bam.. better?
    Last edited by codywalker; 04/18/2005 at 12:13 PM.
    I think it's really smart of you to post your dishonesty on the internet for all to see!

I'm sure this post will help you greatly should you ever try and buy or sell anything to a TreoCentral member.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    wow...the perfect crime.
    Hmm, my response looks more assy than sarcastic, which was the desired effect. Either way, instead of trying to screw Cingular, did you try and get the eBay seller to fix the problem? Or was it a "as is" sale?

You may also want to check the SIM card, a bad SIM can cause those error messages as well.
    If they check the serial number printed on the box and try to match that with the serial number on the device, you could have some 'splainin to do...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Why didn't you just return it to Palmone for a replacement as it is within warranty period...then you wouldnt have to worry about all this trickery and slight of hand crap. Although there are dishonest people out in the world, to advertise to the world that you are going to swap out a defective phone and defraud a company is just plain stupid. Good luck with that....
    My experience with PalmOne was that if it was a Cingular Branded phone, they wouldn't have anythin to do with you.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I recently migrated over to Cingular from ATT but when I was exclusively with ATT before the merger, I would get swaps from Palmone all the time without involvement from ATT at all. Maybe Palmone doesnt like Cingular...but they should be able to swap out their own phone since it is within the warranty period.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    Hmm, my response looks more assy than sarcastic, which was the desired effect. Either way, instead of trying to screw Cingular, did you try and get the eBay seller to fix the problem? Or was it a "as is" sale?
    I thought your response was fine. Jackass deserves any negative response he gets.

Ohhhh...my flamethrower is really calling me right about now...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hehehe...
    This is obviously a joke. I thought this was about people taking advantage of the 30 day return policy. Hey I bought two phones at once at 550 each. That's an investment and I wanted to be sure I was going to choose the correct phone. I chose the Treo 650 over the SE 710a. I returned the 710 like 15 days later with not a problem. Kudos to Cingular for that.
  12.    #12  
    so palmone will take care of it?

-Cody
    It doesn't hurt to ask them...
    Since the original post has been removed, anyone care to give a 10-second summary for those of us that came in late?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    the original post was...

1.poster bought unlocked cingular branded 650 on ebay.

2.phone is somehow defected

3.poster wants to buy a 650 at a cingular store and then return the ebay phone to the cingular store.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I havw returned many phone to Cingular in the past and they have NEVER checked the serial nimber on the box against the phone...

Personally, I would never do such a thing. Just call P1 and setup an RMA. They'll have you a refurb in a couple of days.
  17.    #17  
    will p1 take a "cingular" branded treo650 back? and send me a new one? I didn't think they would??

-Cody
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the original post was...

1.poster bought unlocked cingular branded 650 on ebay.

2.phone is somehow defected

3.poster wants to buy a 650 at a cingular store and then return the ebay phone to the cingular store.
    Now that is crooked!

Rules of the house say:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe

You may also want to check the SIM card, a bad SIM can cause those error messages as well.
    I think the Ebay seller is at fault too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20.    #20  
    1. its a cingular phone so P1 will not trade it out right?

2. Do they check teh box against the phone EIN?

-Cody
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast