Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why won't you hold the seller responsible? Phone might have been unlocked illegally and that's why the SIM doesn't work(from what I gather, posts were edited when I got here). Now I'm thinking like some others, what's really going on?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    what's really going on?
    Exactly!

In a bad Ebay sale he could have handled things via Ebay's methods.

He wants to burn Cingular and I don't think we are getting all the real details. This whole thing sounds way too blatantly stupid!
    Well, from what it sounds like, the price he got the 650 for (I don't remember exactly, but it was extremely cheap for a Treo) suggests there may have been something wrong with the Treo, and stated that way in the auction.

He may have purchased the bad phone so he could exchange it for another good one from Cingular. This way, he ends up with 2 new Treo's. If he gets both of them unlocked, he stands to make quite a nice profit.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    if he doesn't just keep one and load it up with all kinds of warez...gotta be l337 y'know.

Just speculation on my part.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #25  
    so will they check the EIN on the box against the EIN on the phone? or their records? Thanks

-Cody
    Why don't you call Cingular CS anonymously and ask?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Why don't you call Cingular CS anonymously and ask?
    BAHAHAHA!!!!

I guess he thinks "if I ask enough someone will answer".

We should have told him what he wanted to hear so he would go through with it and get busted .
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    Well, from what it sounds like, the price he got the 650 for (I don't remember exactly, but it was extremely cheap for a Treo) suggests there may have been something wrong with the Treo, and stated that way in the auction.

He may have purchased the bad phone so he could exchange it for another good one from Cingular. This way, he ends up with 2 new Treo's. If he gets both of them unlocked, he stands to make quite a nice profit.
    If so, he didn't think this through too well. He should have asked before he bought the bad phone if they don't check the ESN so he could run a game on Cingular.

what a baffoon...yeah go ahead, do it. They don't care. I think I'll return the mac mini I just got at best buy to compusa.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    My experience with PalmOne was that if it was a Cingular Branded phone, they wouldn't have anythin to do with you.

i resently bought a cingular branded unit and got it unlcoked throug cingular then had a problem with the P button and i called P1 direct and they charged me 25 bucks and sent me a brand new unlcoked palmone version of the 650..so there is sum truth..b4 30 days u have to bring it to wher eu go it, between 30 and 90 days u have to goto palmone or the carrier, after 90 palmone, but they had no problem helping me with a cingular unit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12