1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 will not recognize a known good SD card. I've read some of the posts on this and am hoping someone has some advice. The trouble started when I tried to use an MMC card. After a few days it stopped recognizing the MMC card. A new SD card is also unrecognized. Cardinfo reports that the card is 'Unknown' which seems to me to indicate that it thinks there is a card in the slot. I rean PalmInternals (which I barely understand) and set an alarm for cdni which (I think) indicates the presence of a card; the alarm went off immediately. So the question is: is it possible to tell the treo that there is no card? Will a hard reset do that? or is the slot physically damaged (ie permanently reports presence of a card via some tiny switch?
    Thank you,
    Howard
    Last edited by h_man; 04/18/2005 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
  2.    #2  
    My Treo 600 will not recognize a known good SD card. I've read some of the posts on this and am hoping someone has some advice. The trouble started when I tried to use an MMC card. After a few days it stopped recognizing the MMC card. A new SD card is also unrecognized. Cardinfo reports that the card is 'Unknown' which seems to me to indicate that it thinks there is a card in the slot. I rean PalmInternals (which I barely understand) and set an alarm for cdni which (I think) indicates the presence of a card; the alarm went off immediately. So the question is: is it possible to tell the treo that there is no card? Will a hard reset do that? or is the slot physically damaged (ie permanently reports presence of a card via some tiny switch?
    Thank you,
    Howard
    First off, you were able to use a MMC in the Treo? Neat!

Well, I've read on this or another Treo board that simply assigning a Name to your card makes that "Unknown" error go away. Don't ask me how to name a card (use Search, or read the manual), as I don't have a card - yet.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
  4.    #4  
    thx for the suggestion. trying to rename or format the card in cardinfo does not work. cardinfo reports 'this card cannot be renamed' etc.

I was able to use MMC for a short time, but it was hinky. the card never fit as well as the SD card, and didn't seem to go in smoothly. I've read about 'non-standard cards' and that seems to be the tack that Palmone takes: bad card->broken slot->not covered under warranty.

Other suggestions?