Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I found a free "Treo Messenger for Yahoo" at http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/.
    Before installing it and providing my account inofrmation into it, has anyone else tried this? Valid program? Any issues found?
    Also found a link to it here.
  2. #2  
    Yes, I've been using it for past 2 days...works well. Haven't encountered any problems yet. You should know to wait several seconds for the program to finish downloading new messages before clicking on anything...otherwise it will cause Treo to soft reset if you click on something before it is finished downloading and/or refreshing.
  3. #3  
    Spoke too soon. I just tried for first time using the camera function to IM a picture...after many minutes later it seems to have frozen my Treo with the message "sending picture". Now I need to do a soft reset.
  4. #4  
    There a better program called verichat, it has MSN, AOL, and yahoo messengers all in one!

    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/default.html
  5. #5  
    Pavlov,

    I may be wrong, but does it cost money every month to use Verichat? I seemed to have read this in other posts. If it does cost money, I would not be interested, since I hardly know anyone who does IM chats. If it's free, then of course, that's a different matter. Do you know if it's free usage? I don't mind paying a one time fee for the program, but don't want to incur monthly charges. Thanks! Casey
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Pavlov,

    I may be wrong, but does it cost money every month to use Verichat? I seemed to have read this in other posts. If it does cost money, I would not be interested, since I hardly know anyone who does IM chats. If it's free, then of course, that's a different matter. Do you know if it's free usage? I don't mind paying a one time fee for the program, but don't want to incur monthly charges. Thanks! Casey
    If you have a data plan, and you stay within your data limits, there are no additional charges for using Verichat.

    In terms of usefulness, you will find verichat very useful (because of the bots features) even though you don't chat a lot.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    If you have a data plan, and you stay within your data limits, there are no additional charges for using Verichat.

    In terms of usefulness, you will find verichat very useful (because of the bots features) even though you don't chat a lot.
    I think he is talking about the Verichat subscription, and not his cellular data plan.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    Yes, that's what I mean. Is there a monthly subscription charge from VeriChat?

    My Sprint internet/email plan is unlimited at $15 monthly, however, text messaging is limited to 100 free/monthly from Sprint.

    Casey
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Yes, that's what I mean. Is there a monthly subscription charge from VeriChat?

    My Sprint internet/email plan is unlimited at $15 monthly, however, text messaging is limited to 100 free/monthly from Sprint.

    Casey
    You pay for the program. This gives you one years use. After that, you renew (at half the cost, or something like that.) So, in that regards, it is not monthly. They may let you buy a "lifetime" use license. I don't know if they still do, but at one time you could pay about $60 and be done with it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Yes, I've been using it for past 2 days...works well. Haven't encountered any problems yet. You should know to wait several seconds for the program to finish downloading new messages before clicking on anything...otherwise it will cause Treo to soft reset if you click on something before it is finished downloading and/or refreshing.
    I can't get this to work right.
    For one thing, I don't get incoming messages unless I exit the chat window and re-enter it, then all of my incoming messaes appear. They do not however just appear on the fly.

    Also, it logs me in to Yahoo as (I'm Mobile,) something that normally only happens when I'm logged in to yahoo for SMS forwarding.
    This program says it uses SMS for incoming messages, but it does not.
    Also, when I log out of this program, it does not log me out of "I'm Mobile" on Yahoo and my SMS forwarding is also not turned on.

    Anyway, it's a really cool program with all of the adbanced Yahoo IM features, it just isn't working right for me. I hope he gets these issues fixed eventually.

    For now I'll sitck with Agile messenger for real-time IM, and the built-in IM forwarding feature for when I'm not running an IM program.
    Verichat is very cool, but I don't need background IM (that's what SMS forwarding is for) and it cost too much for my uses.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I can't get this to work right.
    For one thing, I don't get incoming messages unless I exit the chat window and re-enter it, then all of my incoming messaes appear. They do not however just appear on the fly.

    Also, it logs me in to Yahoo as (I'm Mobile,) something that normally only happens when I'm logged in to yahoo for SMS forwarding.
    This program says it uses SMS for incoming messages, but it does not.
    Also, when I log out of this program, it does not log me out of "I'm Mobile" on Yahoo and my SMS forwarding is also not turned on.

    Anyway, it's a really cool program with all of the adbanced Yahoo IM features, it just isn't working right for me. I hope he gets these issues fixed eventually.

    For now I'll sitck with Agile messenger for real-time IM, and the built-in IM forwarding feature for when I'm not running an IM program.
    Verichat is very cool, but I don't need background IM (that's what SMS forwarding is for) and it cost too much for my uses.
    Hey I'm sorry to hijack this thread but taylorh, is that a Vaja case? Is it white? Do you notice it shows dirt a lot? Does it fit in a slip case? Thanks, PM if you want..

    Bek
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Hey I'm sorry to hijack this thread but taylorh, is that a Vaja case? Is it white? Do you notice it shows dirt a lot? Does it fit in a slip case? Thanks, PM if you want..

    Bek
    No problem! Yes it is a Vaja
    I created a new thread for this discussion in accessories:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...950#post638950
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  13. #13  
    Taylorh,

    Yes, it does take a little figuring out to make this work right, as it's not very intuitive. But hey, the price is right!

    When you have the "Messenger" tab highlighted, you can then click on the Treo's "menu?" button, and go to "Contacts" and "View/Edit My Status", as well as "Preference" to further configure your setup. In View/Edit My Status, you can remove the offending "On My Treo" message. You can also press the "Refresh Online Contacts" to update for online users and new messages.

    When I say the "menu?" button on the Treo, I mean the button to the above right of the wheel, immediately above the "email icon" button. What the heck is that button called anyway?

    If you see a user who is online, you will see a yellow smiling face, which means that person is available and online. It will also show the user's name, in which case you can highlight the name of user, and click into it to see messages, as well as write message on the bottom 2 free lines.

    If you see a user who is off-line, then you will see a white face that looks like in sleeping mode, instead of the yellow smiling face for someone online and available.
    You should also see a horizontal row of icons at the bottom of screen which will all do different things.

    Don't give up just yet, it was simply dumb luck on my part of actually working correctly the very first time I installed this on my Treo 650.

    Casey
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    When I say the "menu?" button on the Treo, I mean the button to the above right of the wheel, immediately above the "email icon" button. What the heck is that button called anyway?
    Oddly enough, it's known as (brace yourself) The Menu button.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    Menu button? Yes, that is odd :-))

    Okay, now I'm curious...what does it cost for VeriChat?

    I can't stand to pay any more recurring fees, but don't mind a one time cost.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Menu button? Yes, that is odd :-))

    Okay, now I'm curious...what does it cost for VeriChat?

    I can't stand to pay any more recurring fees, but don't mind a one time cost.
    Can't recall the price off the top of my head. $40 for the belles and whistles addition, and maybe $25 for the basic. The PDAApps link is posted near the top of the thread. Although I was wrong on the re-up price, it is only $5.00 off the regular price. Basically, you're paying almost full price every year.

    Don't get too exited about the one time fee though. I don't know if they still do this or not.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggity
    Hello. I found a free "Treo Messenger for Yahoo" at http://www.burmeisterbrown.com/.
    Before installing it and providing my account inofrmation into it, has anyone else tried this? Valid program? Any issues found?
    Also found a link to it here.
    I've been using this on my Sprint 650 for a couple of months, I think. Virtually no problems. Some previous issues with the software hanging when selecting a contact, but this stopped with the sprint firmware upgrade. Only used the photo-sending capability a few times, but it has been trouble free.

    Very happy with the product. Its free (at least for now), but I would pay for it.
  18. #18  
    First Congrats for a good product. It works good most of the time and it is free. It causes few resets once in a while sometime without any reason at all. Definitely it is less whne you allow it to be connected and updated before trying to use by pressing any button. I am amazed that it picks all the incoming messages within reasonable timeeven though we are not on web and constantly logged in (may be because using SMS for incoming messages).

    1. Like the Desktop software, is it possible to send any text messages to a mobile number. I tried but did not work any time.

    2. I send all my messages by pressing the yahoo id name.

    When I press the menu button, and it takes me to an option " send a message" and it opens a new window , what does it suppose to do ? I am not able to use that as there is no way you can put a receipient's id there unless you type ?

    Thanks
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions