Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have researched for 3 days, and still dont have an anwser I can receive my email both through Comcast, and Gmail, but sending is the probelm. I am getting this error message from my treo gmail account during the send phase, any help would be great!

I am using the proper port, login etc, and have tried every configuration that I have found in the attempt to fix this.

I didn't have any probelms with Outlook on the PC for gmail, works great.

Error message follows: 535 5.7.1 Credentials Rejected

Thanks again!

-V
    Does gmail require authentication during SMTP? If so, that may be the culprit if that option is not checked using the same authentication for POP.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  3.    #3  
    According to all the documents found around yes it does, and I have tried it both ways.

Edit when I dont have all the boxes checked on the outgoing area I get the following message: 530.5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first
    Try downloading a demo of Snappermail or something and see if it works on that program. If it does, it may be a corrupt Versamail causing it.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  5.    #5  
    I tried Xpress mail and that program sucked *** to put it bluntly I couldn't see my contacts, so I deleted and will never install anything so useless again.
    I used to think that Versamail was totally cool and did everything I wanted. But I think it has some kind of "self-destruct" feature after a time lapse, because it just went to hell after awhile. I never understood why people hated it until it started crashing all the time, not accepting attachments, etc. I've been using Snappermail for awhile now and absolutely love it. It's easy, it's configurable, and it's stable.
    www.planetmills.com
    Did you see this post?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81676
    Maybe this is your problem...I use Sprint so this does not affect me.
    www.planetmills.com
  8.    #8  
    Well I appreicate the help, but no luck. I am getting an unable to resolve server or ip address error when I try that setting. I am sure someone will get this figured out and others have it working. I just need to know the magic fix, I am sure it's simple, and will take moments once I know it, but for now I am stuck, and going insane changing my settings at 3:41 am.. Weeeeeeee... Who knew you could pay 400$ to torchure yourself...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This is how my Versamail is set. I have the PDA unlimited for $39.99. This setup would not work before I got that data plan.

pop.gmail.com
    smtp.cwmx.com

Incoming server 995
    Use SSL

Outgoing Server 25
    Nothing checked
    I had this problem with Gmail for awhile, then it went away. I enabled POP on Gmail itself, then set up two accounts on the Treo for the same Gmail account.

I named one Google
    Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
    Port 587
    SSL Yes
    Auth Yes

The other I named Cingular
    Outgoing: cwmx.com
    Port 25

When one doesn't work, I use the other. If you've tried this, sorry. It's worked for me for 3 months
    for Gmail on Versamail:

smtp.gmail.com
    port 587
    SSL- check
    ESMTP- check

This works for me.
  12.    #12  
    Under outgoing you dont have the SMTP listed is the true? When I have this setup I get a timeout error.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    This is how my Versamail is set. I have the PDA unlimited for $39.99. This setup would not work before I got that data plan.

pop.gmail.com
    smtp.cwmx.com

Incoming server 995
    Use SSL

Outgoing Server 25
    Nothing checked
    I do have the same plan, tried this and get a cannot locate server or bad ip address error.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I had this problem with Gmail for awhile, then it went away. I enabled POP on Gmail itself, then set up two accounts on the Treo for the same Gmail account.

I named one Google
    Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
    Port 587
    SSL Yes
    Auth Yes

The other I named Cingular
    Outgoing: cwmx.com
    Port 25

When one doesn't work, I use the other. If you've tried this, sorry. It's worked for me for 3 months

Under outgoing you dont have the SMTP listed is the true? When I have this setup I get a timeout error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexar
    No. To be clear, under "Outgoing Mail Server:" I have entered "smtp.gmail.com".

If that doesn't work, try Snapper or Chatter, both of which also work for me for gmail or use Cingular's outgoing server as suggested above. FWIW, my Seattle-based Cingular GSM couldn't make outgoing phone calls in San Francisco, but GPRS/EDGE worked fine.
    Vexar...no, I don't have smtp. I just have "cwmx.com". I just tested it by sending myself a message and it worked. There is a couple second pause before the "send" menu comes up, but it does.

You also have to make sure your "send to" address is clean. If it comes up automatically, it has punctuation around it. I delete any commas or arrow things.

Also, I'm on the $24.99 MediaNet plan. Hope this helps! :-)
    So what port are you using for outgoing? I use 465 and only checked SSL.. works great for me. Cingular w/ MEdiaworks...

Quote Originally Posted by Vexar
    I have researched for 3 days, and still dont have an anwser I can receive my email both through Comcast, and Gmail, but sending is the probelm. I am getting this error message from my treo gmail account during the send phase, any help would be great!

I am using the proper port, login etc, and have tried every configuration that I have found in the attempt to fix this.

I didn't have any probelms with Outlook on the PC for gmail, works great.

Error message follows: 535 5.7.1 Credentials Rejected

Thanks again!

-V
  18.    #18  
    I have tried 465, 587, and a few random numbers. Tried everyone suggestions I appreciate the help, but no luck.

This is the error when using either forms of the cwmx.com outgoing.

Unable to resolve name smtp.cwmx.com. Check your DNS settings or enter the IP address for your mail server.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    What kind of data plan do you have?

Whe I first got mine, I was signed up for the unlimited Medianet. I could not get the smtp for cwmx to work. I was switched to the unlimited PDA for $39.99 and it now works.
  20.    #20  
    Maybe it is the network settings? Under preferences I see GPRS WAP@CINGULAR.COM Password states Assigned, Wap.Cingular is for APN, do I need to login with a user name of my own or something? or change these settings?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast