1.    #1  
    I know there is a big debate about which way is accurate, but for those of you who like the way the 600 used the % key example (200-10%=180) Install these files

After you should have two calc apps just use the one with the ugly icon
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/18/2005 at 01:59 AM.
    Or, for those who want a PREDICTABLE results on ANY calculator, use 200 x 1.10 to add 10% or 200 x .9 to subtract 10% and forget about that damnable % key completely.

Sorry - I couldn't resist that one!
    Oh, come on Westronic:

It's much easier blame the device that to learn how to use it properly.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thank you for posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Oh, come on Westronic:

It's much easier blame the device that to learn how to use it properly.
    The issue, of course, is that the % key works differently on different devices, especially when used this way, therefore it's best to avoid it altogether.

It's also really, really easy to do the math without it.

That said, I'm glad this version of the calculator is available for those who want it.
    Westronic:

I hope you noticed the in my prior post. I completely agree with what you said initially. The percent key can't be trusted.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Westronic:

I hope you noticed the in my prior post...
    "Clever" posts don't come across very well, emoticons notwithstanding. Always a problem. Sure I noticed, but I did not know what it really meant, other than not to take it too seriously.

It's nice to see we are "on the same page."
    I am with you 200% um I mean 1 x 2
    I never use the percent key can't trust that i will input the data correctly for each calculator...
  9.    #9  
    We have enough threads discussing what the "correct" way is. WE ALL GET IT BY NOW!! Bottom line is some people want to do it the way this calc will let you do it. If you don't... fine dont!

I didn't post this to resurect the discussion. I put it here for those who want it.
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/18/2005 at 04:50 PM.
    Or with the current calculator, use the Advanced-Finance screen. There type.

200 delta% 20 - =

The delta% is the one with the little triangle in front of it and means change. Still probably easier for everyone to use *0.8, but thought I'd give another option. :P

Ivory...
    Actually, my preference is a reverse polish notation (RPN) calculator. Eliminates all of the ambiguity.
    Bob Meyer