Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm using a Cingular Unlocked Treo 650 and just upgraded from T-Zones to T-Mobile Internet.

My main reason is that someone in the forum told me that with t-zones, I can only browse the web. I want to use "Directory Assistance" and "Worldmate" and therefore I just called T-mobile to change the service. They told me that T-Mobile Internet include T-zones. Is it true?

Now, I can't even connect to either one.

Please someone tell me which is the right service I should use, and how to set everything up.

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Z3RO; 04/18/2005 at 12:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    now as I tried to research about this, there's installation CD needed for T-Mobile Internet? How do I do that? I'm confused right now. Please someone help explain everything to me.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    My understanding of the difference between T-Zones and T-Mobile Internet is the ports that are opened. With T-Zones there are a limited number of ports that are open while with T-Mobile all the ports are open. I believe that you should be able to use DA with T-Zones as it uses port 80. What Service do you have selected in Prefs->Network? On T-Mobile there should be at least three listed, T-Mobile Internet, T-Moile VPN, and T-Zones. You should have T-Mobile Internet selected if that is what is on your plan.

BTW, this thread should be in the US GSM forum. I also recommend searching that forum for other folks in the same situation.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.