Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I know there's been alot of talk here about this player. I have a question about performance in relation to the T650.

    Can anyone get this to play videos smoothly at default clock speeds? I have to overclock to get perfect playback performance. The Treonauts guy says it works perfectly at default clock speeds. Are there things that should be disabled to improve performance?

    Finally, my own 2 cents... This player ABSOLUTELY BLOWS AWAY kinoma and mmplayer. I'm so upset I bought that overpriced Kinoma suite.

    TIA,
    -BT
  2. #2  
    Dang it I just posted about not installing too many apps... Anyway it seems sweet. I like the fast forwarding. It responds much better than the built in media player. But it wouldn't play the audio for the movies I converted to 3GP. But it did play the video smoothly which was recorded at 346kbps .wmv then converted to 3gp.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    I know there's been alot of talk here about this player. I have a question about performance in relation to the T650.

    Can anyone get this to play videos smoothly at default clock speeds? I have to overclock to get perfect playback performance. The Treonauts guy says it works perfectly at default clock speeds. Are there things that should be disabled to improve performance?

    Finally, my own 2 cents... This player ABSOLUTELY BLOWS AWAY kinoma and mmplayer. I'm so upset I bought that overpriced Kinoma suite.

    TIA,
    -BT
    Disagree. Try playing MP4/AAC files in TCPMP and you'll be glad that you have Kinoma Player. It kills TCPMP with full-length DVDs. No contest.
  4. #4  
    try some diff encoding techniques..im sure that will fix your problem
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Disagree. Try playing MP4/AAC files in TCPMP and you'll be glad that you have Kinoma Player. It kills TCPMP with full-length DVDs. No contest.
    I have Kinoma. It can only handle video encoded at most 220kbs. TCMP played a 384mb 720x480 Divx video with audio at 48khz perfectly. I did have to overclock, tho. Playback of that video was much sharper with no artifacting, unlike the kinoma recoded version.

    It's a much more robust player, I just want to know if people found things like turing off the phone or bluetooth helped get fewer dropped frames. The fact that you don't have to recode files with this player makes it really attractive. I can easily fit a full length divx/xvid movie on my 2gb sd card.

    -BT
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Dang it I just posted about not installing too many apps... Anyway it seems sweet. I like the fast forwarding. It responds much better than the built in media player. But it wouldn't play the audio for the movies I converted to 3GP. But it did play the video smoothly which was recorded at 346kbps .wmv then converted to 3gp.
    what's 3gp?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    I have Kinoma. It can only handle video encoded at most 220kbs. TCMP played a 384mb 720x480 Divx video with audio at 48khz perfectly. I did have to overclock, tho. Playback of that video was much sharper with no artifacting, unlike the kinoma recoded version.

    It's a much more robust player, I just want to know if people found things like turing off the phone or bluetooth helped get fewer dropped frames. The fact that you don't have to recode files with this player makes it really attractive. I can easily fit a full length divx/xvid movie on my 2gb sd card.

    -BT
    Again, you're talking about two different things. Encode a full-length DVD with Recode 2 and another with something like PDE w/xvid and compare them. No contest.

    What's great about TCPMP is how well it handles existing AVI clips. No resizing or re-encoding is needed and they look great.

    I've got 4 full-length DVDs on my 1GB SD card with a bunch of smaller clips and MP3s!!!
  8. #8  
    3gp is mpeg4 or the cell phone standard. But when I convert my movies they look good.
  9. #9  
    I have been getting audio sync problems. It is WAAAAYYY off.

    1) Is there a way to sync volume that I cant see?

    2) If i encode at a lower audio/video/frame rate, would that make a difference?
  10. #10  
    out of nowhere now the movies don't play for some reason, when i added 2 more dvds.. the playback is terrible it just stops and i can't even drag the little scroller to foward into the movies.. im back on kinoma.. man i wish kinoma had a pre-amp setting.. i can barely hear my dvds through the speaker
  11. #11  
    TCPMP is still pretty buggy since it's only an alpha. It's doing great with AVIs, but the MP4 support isn't too good yet. It should only be a release or two before it plays MP4s better than Kinoma, I hope.
  12. #12  
    Kinoma does have an audio overdrive. Turn it on in the prefs and then change the audio level using the onscreen audio level control in the player.
  13. #13  
    Note also that Kinoma Producer can be set to overdrive audio. Audio Boost pref.

Posting Permissions