1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone knows what the transfer rates of BT during a HotSync vs the rates using a USB 2.0 cable?

It seems that BT is significantly slower than cable, but I need to know for sure.
    Hotsync via BT is limited to 115Kbps. BT is capable of much much more, 4Mbps in version 1.1 I think, but the way Microsoft and Palm are bickering over implementation limits BT hotsync to a virtual COM port and the associated limitations of a COM port.

Cable - IUSB 1.1 theoretical throughput limit is 12Mbps (that is 12 million bits pers second, as opposed to 115 thousand of a COM port). USB 2.0 is 480Mbps.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Is it worth crying about? I mean is there any way to get around it? Perhaps a patch/fix of some sort? Sorry if I come across as an *****
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989
    Is it worth crying about? I mean is there any way to get around it? Perhaps a patch/fix of some sort? Sorry if I come across as an *****
    No, thats OK. The whole thing is so senseless it confuses most normal people. This is basically Microsoft's way of sticking it to PalmOne, and PalmOne not wanting to spend the time, money and effort to work around this. A Microsoft OS will not recognize a Palm device in native bluetooth mode and allow the Hotsync Manager app take advantage of the BT speed. I havent owned a Windows mobile device in some time, so I dont know if they can (and it would be quite surprising if they cant). In the meantime I stick to the cable since it is a LOT faster. If we had wifi we could do a network sync, that would be sweet...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  5.    #5  
    Remember, it's drummed into every Microsoft operating system programmer since Bill bought the original DOS -

"DOS ain't done until Lotus won't run!" which has morphed into "Windows ain't done until __________ won't run" and you can fill in the blank with any non-MS product.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.