Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hotsync'ed what was on my T600

1 8.33%
  • Started from scratch

11 91.67%
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    When I first got my T650 I simply hotsync'ed what I had on my T600. After getting into an endless reset loop I did a hard reset, renamed my backup folder and then installed only the applications I wanted. I saw a big increase in available memory and now I rarely experience a reset. I'm wondering if having a lot of old files from past trials and such caused at least some of the instability that many have experienced.
    Last edited by TxDot; 04/17/2005 at 04:23 PM.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    That is correct, Whenever you upgrade from one device (especially from 600 to 650) you should start from scratch. Unfortunately, a lot of folks don't do this (and probably do not know that they should do this) and they end up having odd resets etc.
    The problems involved in simply hot-syncing from a prior device's backup to a 50 are well documented. A search of TreoCentral will probably find several dozen, if not several hundred, threads about the subject. Palm even has a support page discussing this problem, and how to avoid it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.