View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Treo?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!!

166 95.40%
  • Hell no!!

8 4.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I see all these threads that state, "palmOne is terrible", "My Treo resets every day", maybe even "my Treo resets 5 times a day", "No Wifi", "not enough memory", "NFVS sucks", etc, etc. Now I am not going to say these problems are not real. Just that I personally have never experienced any of these problems, except the WiFi bit. With the WiFi issue, I see it as a non-issue, cause usually if I am near WiFi, I have got a laptop. So no issue for me! Resets seem to be a concern for some people, but, I believe these issues are self-made by the owner of the Treo. I have had my fair share of Treos in the past. A few of these are as follows pre-ordered the Sprint Treo 300 (had 2 these, one lost and one broke), 3 Treo 600s (2 lost and 1 "Network Issue" <--- A REAL PROBLEM), and1 Treo 650. Now all of these have worked flawlessly for me. Did the Treos do EVERYTHING I wanted them to? No, it took a few third party apps to get the Treos to do what I wanted it to do. No big deal cause I am a little more demanding of my smartphones.

Not Enough Memory and Resets
    As far as the memory "issue" is concerned all I have to say is "STOP YOUR F*****G WHINING AND BUY POWERRUN!". I mean come on. I myself have 43 "AM" apps running on my Treo 650 and guess what, NO RESETS ! I consider it to be as stable as stock even with all these "AfterMarket" add ons, which if you don't pay attention to can cause problems. But again this goes back to owner responsibility.

BT DUN
    It was the bastards at the phone companies that deprived your stock Treo of BT DUN not palmOne. But alas, "Shadowmite" stepped up and addressed this problem for us. Which I think all Sprint 650 owners should give him a round of applause. So this issue is addressed no reason to cry about it anymore.

Phone lag when dialing number
    Now this is "issue" is another thing, which I could really care less about. You mean I can carry all my contacts, addresses, emails, surf the web via Treo or laptop, get my email, upload to FTP sites, play some really great games, play NES, write word documents, excel documents, give a PowerPoint presentation, GPS for car, flight, and boat, listen to streaming music, play mp3, play video, track expenses and sync with my bank account wirelessly for both business and personal, keep track of my stocks, read and listen to books, flash drive (depending on size of SD card), updated crosswords, F1 schedule, news , and a dictionary!, but I got to wait for a second or 2 for it to dial? No problem! And these are just programs that are on my Treo. There is the web as well where I can do a plethora other things. Did I forget anything?

I just think my time with the Treo family has been a great one and I just don't see any real problems with any of the Treos. Except the hinge on the 300 and the low res. screen on the 600. That's it.
    Love it. Great device. Big improvement from the 600. Can't wait for the next one.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i agree fully in my first treo bought back in dec 04 and have over 80 apps loaded on my 1gig card ang i love this sucker! i dopped it once and its a tank doeas all i want and more

very happy with mine
    mt
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    i agree fully in my first treo bought back in dec 04 and have over 80 apps loaded on my 1gig card ang i love this sucker! i dopped it once and its a tank doeas all i want and more

very happy with mine
    mt
    I have dropped mine more than once, more like 3-4 times. Agreed it is a tank.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Got lots of votes, so far 100% of you guys are happy.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Nice post NRG. Sometimes I start reading all these posts and then start to look for problems with mine. It really is amazing how much I can now get done with this thing now compared to my old cell phone, PDA combo. Actually, there is no comparison.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It ain't perfect, but having my work info, personal info, and entertainment fit in my pocket is just awesome!

I love my 650!
    Yeah I did vote positively but I don't know if I'd give it a "Hell Yeah". I'd give it a yes. Maybe if it were free.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    funny all the haters arent standing up on this poll.......i really think most treo probs ARE operator error, it is a machine that you load software on and "freeware" or "shareware" can have bugs in them that cause havoc on a pda of anysorts. unistall manager using the sandbox option will save you so much trouble!
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Yeah I did vote positively but I don't know if I'd give it a "Hell Yeah". I'd give it a yes. Maybe if it were free.
    Hell of a cop out!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut
    It ain't perfect, but having my work info, personal info, and entertainment fit in my pocket is just awesome!

I love my 650!

Recently had the misfortune to spend a week in the hospital. Got tons of work done with the Treo, and all the doctors were jealous of the 650. A couple of them were still carrying the 600, and every time they walked in, they wanted to talk about phones. I'm sure the extra conversation will somehow show up on the bill as consulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    funny all the haters arent standing up on this poll......
    With 94.34% (50 out of 53) so far on the positive side even if the haters said something would it really matter ?
    My honest opinion for what it's worth. I rarely give any product 100%. No Wi-Fi at that price isn't good. The keyboard is a bit small. The memory at that price isn't good.

BUT: No resets, NONE. Phone volume is fine for me, unlike what some others say. And my hearing is a bit compromised due to too much earphone use on my old Walkmans! Screen is bright, clear and colorful. Because my current Sprint phone takes about 1 min. to fully power up and drops calls, I don't even notice if the Treo 650 has a lag in dialing. It powers up faster, and the calls get through. I am able to fit the Treo 650 in a somewhat small purse, which is actually a big deal to me, I wanted portability. I am not using this phone to it's full potential yet, and from the posts on this forum, I see I can do a lot. I am seriously wanting to move my main number over to this phone! So I am satisfied! Not 100%, but not too many electronics are perfect these days.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    When Cingular finally got the 650, I couldn't jump on it faster. I had the 650 on Sprint the day it was released, but our Sprint service got to bad at our new address (dropped 3 out of 4 calls), they let me out of the contract and I struggled with a V551 for three months waiting for my 650 again. I too believe that 90% of the problems being reported are software conflicts (although the jury is still out on the battery related resets). No, I'm not 100% satisfied, but as Lady Treo said, "not too many electronics are perfect these days." I'd modify that to "no electronics."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut

I love my 650!

I agree. That is the bottom line.
    Information at my fingertips. Always.
    My life would be an absolute disorganized mess without my SMARTphone. It makes up for my areas where I lack SMARTs, like names, number, dates, calcuations, etc. (gee, that's about everything, isn't it )

And did I say that the screen is AWESOME?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I think it's unfair that some of you are labelling anyone who's dissatisfied with their Treo as a "hater." It'd be just as unfair as if everyone who is satisfied were labeled a "fanboy." There are shades of grey in between the true fanboys and the true haters, and all a poll like this does is create ill will in the community between the two sides.

FWIW, I'm one of the (now) 4 "hell no" votes. Truth be told, I'm satisfied enough with it that I'm keeping it, but it has not fulfilled its promise, so I'm not truly satisfied. The bugs *are* significant, most of them are *not*, as some have said, operator error. Installing an application and having that application crash the phone is not operator error.

So maybe some of you have been fortunate enough that all your apps run without resets, and that's wonderful, more power to you... But a lot of people, including myself, have done all the right things, followed all of the "secrets to a reset-free Treo" steps (aside from the often-suggested "don't run many apps" suggestion, which is like leaving your Ferrari on cinder blocks in the garage.) Yet even after doing everything right, we get resets, program settings disappear, registration codes need to be entered again, the whole bit... It's great that the 95% or whatever of responders here either haven't hit those problems or aren't bothered by them, but I think labeling the rest as "haters" is a real stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycpsu
    Installing an application and having that application crash the phone is not operator error.
    Not P1's fault either. Instead of saying the Treo is the cause of problems like this your beef should be with the developer of that application who probably is not P1 certified.

86 votes and 95.35% are positive. Nothing more needs to be said.
    And NRG, this is a great poll and you made a great post.
    don't post much...but have to comment and say that this thing is the best thing invented. Yes, it has MINOR problems here and there, but I can live with those things. Plus most problems you have, u can fix or obtain a workaround form this forum.

Great device and amazing support (ie. from this forum)
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    And NRG, this is a great poll and you made a great post.
    Thanks, Darnell.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast