Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems with 1gb SD cards on T600? My new Sandisk card causes constant resets w/Ptunes. It also intermittently requires reformating. Sometimes after reformatting by computer, the T600 shows gibberish (ASCII symbols) instead of card info. Other times music and other files copied to card via a card reader shows up as gibberish on T600. Using same procedures with Sandisk 256mb does not cause any problems. Any advice?
    Reformat on your palm
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Exellent advise, I tried it before posting, but was not successful. I exchanged the card for new one and tested it in the store. I had no problems there. I am now loading it and will repost with the results. I am hoping it was just one of the few problem cards out there.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have a new card, but now I am having similar problems. Specifically, as I load the card about half way with music, the T600 is unable to read the card and so is the computer.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I'm doing well with a 2GB card...
    And i have been using a 1gb card for nearly a yezr with no problems at all...probably about 400mb of music on it, no problem playing music using ptunes.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Alright, tell me your secret. I have been using the replacement 1gb card for a week. It was 80% empty. I then pulled it out of the Treo and stuck it in a card reader. I added some music via Windows Media Player and stuck it back in the Treo. The Treo immediately told me that it could not read the card! I pulled it out of the Treo and stuck it back in the card reader, and now my computer says that the card needs to be formatted! Anyone know what's up?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm relatively new to the treo, i've only had it for about 4 days, but so far so good. I have a 1 gb sd card from sandisk too, but I haven't loaded any music onto it yet. other then that seems good so far [knocks on wood]
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    If both cards cannot be formatted in your Treo, and formatting does work on another Treo, then most likely your Treo card slot is defective. Return to source for a replacement.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I reformatted the card while the card was on the Treo. Then I loaded all the files while the card was in the Treo. It seems to be working fine. It is weird that I cannot use an adapter and load the card while it is out of the Treo -- a much faster process.
    I had problems with my SanDisk 256 and 1gb disks so I got the Lexar 1gb and ALL problems have been solved. It is truly amazing the difference it makes getting a faster card. I referenced this website (http://heller.ca/cgi-local/palm/cardspeed.cgi) that tests the speeds of memory cards and selected the Lexar 1gb based on speed rating on the Treo600 CDMA and price at Buy.com.

The most useful benefit I enjoy now is recording voice memos direct to the card via mVoice and/or AudacityPro WITHOUT chop or lost data. Smooth recordings to the card. Not to mention smoother running of pTunes and applications I have stored on the card. I hope this helps improve your card-drag problem as it has mine.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i had an issue with a 512mb san disk card... giving me resets and unreadable on my treo600 i kept on reformating on the treo still no luck= i ultimately bought a new lexar 1gig which works fantastically..... on a whim i formatted the512mb sandisk in my digital camera and not a problem/issue going on 6 months now.

go figure