1.    #1  
    I am considering the Fossil PDA watch which is out again now but am wondering if the software that is included will have to be installed independently of the software I now have which is Palm Desktop Version 4.01. Will the watch synchronize with my current software, or will I need two different versions of Palm Desktop on my machine? The specs say that it comes with Palm OS version 4.1 which may have a desktop version slightly different from 4.01. Anyone know about this or have the watch already?
    My 9 year old and my husband each have one. We used separate Palm desktops versions. We didn't try using the same though. Just did it to be safe.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Christina,
    I suppose the software gave you the option of setting up two versions of Palm Desktop into separtate directories (folders)? Or, are they on completely different machines? I have been researching the Fossil (bought it already but haven't decided on the software installation yet). My understanding is that you can support both the PDA and the Watch PDA with one software installation but that usb ini file must be merged. I'll post the details when I get the courage to go through the steps which arnen't at all clear. In the meantime, there is also a fairly active forum on Yahoo groups. So far, I am very favorably impressed with the Fossil but the syncing is worrying me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    My 9 year old and my husband each have one. We used separate Palm desktops versions. We didn't try using the same though. Just did it to be safe.
    Last edited by copernicus; 04/18/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    My husband syncs at work, my daughter doesn't sync and our home computer crashed. Let me know what you end up doing...it would be nice to know it's possible to merge all the PDA info.

Between the Treo, PDA watches, Palm Vx and Tungstens in our house, you wonder how any of us did ANYTHING before the age of technology.
  5.    #5  
    I was able to sync by giving the same name to the Fossil PDA that I have been using on the Treo. It doesn't matter what or when you placed on either machine as long as you have enough memory. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    My husband syncs at work, my daughter doesn't sync and our home computer crashed. Let me know what you end up doing...it would be nice to know it's possible to merge all the PDA info.

Between the Treo, PDA watches, Palm Vx and Tungstens in our house, you wonder how any of us did ANYTHING before the age of technology.
    Thanks! That will make things infinitely easier!
    note that the earlier version of the fossil pda watch CRASHES TREO 600, I assume it will do same for Treo 650, so make sure it is a new version watch...my old one is in the trash since fossil would NOT take it back...