Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Speaker muted on Active

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A plea for help. I have owned my Sprint 650 for about a month. It has worked flawlessly(firmware v1.03). I have not loaded it up with a bunch of applications, ROM upgrades, hacks and work-arounds. Also have the Treo Bluetooth headset and it works fine.

The following problem has occurred only in use without the headset. I haven't had the need to use it lately. Two days ago, I started having a problem where when I dial a number(in any manner - contacts, speed dial, number pad, etc.) the phone will make connection, show "active" in the window, then the "Spkr Phone" screen button automatically changes to a picture of headphones with a red 'X" on them and it kills my phone speaker so I can't hear. If I'm not looking at the screen and just holding the phone to my ear, by the time I realize what's happened the other party has hung up. I have to quickly click it with the center button or the person I'm calling hangs up becasue they think no one is there.

It doesn't happen 100% of the time. I can't make that headphone red X thing appear with any button pushes - it only appears by itself. Any similar experiences? Any solutions??

Your help appreciated.
    I have the exact same problem. It was intermittent at first (two days ago), but now is constant and resets are not helping.
    Any chance you're hitting the screen during th ecall? If you hold it to your face or other parts of your body you could be tapping the disconnect on the screen.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Could it be a Headset jack problem... reading a headphone present when none is??.

Try blowing compressed air into the heaphone jack and see if that corrects it. If it does you may have debris in the jack. If not it may be a hardware problem w/ the jack..

just a thought.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com