1.    #1  
    I did some looking at past threads. Lots of rumors, but there doesn't seem to be an official word. By logic and current availibility (Sprint's 650), I'm guessing that the Verizon-branded CDMA Treo 650 will only support 1xRTT and NOT EVDO.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks,
    JAMES.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    No EV-DO
  3. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys
    No EV-DO
    Gee, that sounds awfully official. Can you name any sources or evidence for your humility or we're just supposed to accept it?

Thanks,

Sam
    The Treo 650 is the Treo 650 no matter where you get it. There may be some small branding enhancements, but the CDMA radio is the same radio. Therefore, it is 1xRTT no matter where you get it. If it were EV-DO, it would be another model #.

If you ask me, it's just common sense. However, here's the closest I can come to proof; these were posted in HowardForums:

No EV-DO.

Posted on Treonauts:

Posted by: knowsforsure | April 6, 2005 07:07 AM

Got an email from Verizon Wireless Data services. The treo 650 will not be EV-DO capable:

" Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to assist you with your Treo 650 question.
    This device has the same features with regards to the Treo 600. The only exception is that the Treo 650 is Bluetooth capable. This device will not be provide EVDO connectivity. Verizon Wireless has not yet released an official release date for this device."

Posted by: Jack | April 7, 2005 02:44 PM
    My source is Sprint's confidential exclusivity contract with PalmOne. No Treo 650 on Verizon can outperform the Sprint Treo 650.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
  5. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I thought (reported here at treocentral) that the 650 would have evdo according to a Palmone rep from the last quarterly conference call with analysts?

sj
    that was based on an interpretation of a comment made by a P1 exec in a recent conference call. A bad interpretation imho. I think that spin was originally reported at palminfocenter. If you listen to the call he never says the verizon 650 will have evdo. I believe the call is posted in the large thread on the verizon 650 which by the would be a great place to SEARCH for info before starting yet another pointless thread in my opinion.
  7. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    SEARCH for info before starting yet another pointless thread in my opinion.
    I wasn't the one who started this thread but I get and will heed your point.

sj