Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  

just go to blog.treonauts.com

They have a link to a FREE video player called "The Core Pocket Media Player"

I can barely contain myself.

-No more shrinking video's to fit onto 320x320 screen
    -No loss of video quality
    -AND IT CAN ROTATE THE SCREEN!

OMG!

Granted using normal computer sized files are huge, but SD cards are only getting cheaper and what is your time worth? I've already spent WAY too much time playing with other video players to get files that will fit 320x320 and will play o.k. and look o.k. You will NOT believe how good this looks.

O.K. enough babbling, just go down load it (IT IS FREE!) and I'm sure other posters will point out bad things about it or problems and nitpicks, but I'm un-installing mmplayer and smartmovie right now and NEVER LOOKING BACK.

The next question is this, what is the best program to rip DVDs? Now that I don't have to make them fit 320x320 I can just rip them and be happy and either watch them on my computer or my Treo!

2.    #2  
    LEDoff is a good program to have with this because when you are watching videos in landscape mode the flashing green light gets annoying.
    I've been using this for several days also and works pretty damn good. The latest .63 update is even better. They've added a pref button to change audio, video, and general settings. As well as a progress bar. The best improvement for me thus far is the ability to exit the program and when I come back to it, it is exactly where it left off when I exited. The latest MMPlayer has this ability as well but audio/video sync is not as good as this one. So far this is flawless!!!
    Glad I didn't buy a player (was about to). Thanks for the post.
    How many reposts is this now? This has been in the multimedia section here for days now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    How many reposts is this now? This has been in the multimedia section here for days now.
    It IS a bit irritating.. It's not like the original thread is on another page... It's like the fourth one down.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    It IS a bit irritating.. It's not like the original thread is on another page... It's like the fourth one down.
    I'm sorry for the duplication.

However I suspect that there are many people like myself who don't regularly (or ever) check the multimedia board because we looked into media players a while ago, found one that was o.k. and have been using it.

It it weren't for the treonauts.com message about it, I may have never of known about this media player.

Considering that it is such a leap forward it would have been nice if someone who reads the multimedia board could have posted something to this general board to point us in the direction...

Again sorry for duplication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I'm sorry for the duplication.

Again sorry for duplication.
    Don't worry about it. We've all done it before... I'm sure we've all posted things on message boards and people respond with smilies holding signs reading "Please search the boards."

I suppose it's better than just asking "What's the best IM / video program out there?"
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    Don't worry about it. We've all done it before... I'm sure we've all posted things on message boards and people respond with smilies holding signs reading "Please search the boards."

I suppose it's better than just asking "What's the best IM / video program out there?"
    True. There's even been a repost in the Multimedia section by someone who didn't read down three posts!
    what program does everyone use to rip the movies and in what format?

I have been using pocketDVD and converting to AVIs. Is this the best way?
    Download link is down - anyone mind posting the .prc?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I understand that is cool to not need to downsize. But i like to downsize vids just to save space on my card. The palmone install tool will do it automatically as well, just drag and drop you video clip into the install to SD part and it will downsize and convert the vid to play in the treo camcorder app (it really does save a good amount of room on your SD card).

I gennerally don't like to install bata, let alone alpha programs on my treo. Especially since my treo is very stable now and I want to keep it that way. But I look forward to this app when its completed.
    man this app is really good...plays my south park episodes quite nicely...and no reformatting (180MB a piece)
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I understand that is cool to not need to downsize. But i like to downsize vids just to save space on my card. The palmone install tool will do it automatically as well, just drag and drop you video clip into the install to SD part and it will downsize and convert the vid to play in the treo camcorder app (it really does save a good amount of room on your SD card).

I gennerally don't like to install bata, let alone alpha programs on my treo. Especially since my treo is very stable now and I want to keep it that way. But I look forward to this app when its completed.
    Amen on the resizing. Since it is so easy, and reduces the size of the files so much, it is worthwhile step, IMO.

I am using this application to play the videos full-screen. Is there any way for the Treo Media application to do that?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    But doesn't this method also reduce the quality of the video? I use this method to get quicktime movies onto my Treo650. Specifically I have a trailer for a Japanese Anime which looks great on my computer, but on my Treo their is noticable "blocks" of color and other problems that are not on the original file. This makes sense because the original file is 480 x 480 pixels and 12 MB where as the version on my phone (using the install tool) is only about 3 MB.
    duplicate thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    duplicate thread
    You're a little late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    But doesn't this method also reduce the quality of the video? I use this method to get quicktime movies onto my Treo650. Specifically I have a trailer for a Japanese Anime which looks great on my computer, but on my Treo their is noticable "blocks" of color and other problems that are not on the original file. This makes sense because the original file is 480 x 480 pixels and 12 MB where as the version on my phone (using the install tool) is only about 3 MB.
    The videos look fine on my Treo 650. I suspect that a lot of the reduction in size is because of reducing the resolution to what the Treo can display with it's 320x320 display.

Here are the file sizes I posted in a different thread, for 1/2 hr TV show:

mpeg-2 (704x480): 1027,982 bytes (*.mpg)
    mpeg-4 (704x480): 463,002 bytes (*.avi)
    ASF (320x208): 106,368 bytes (*.asf)

Spending a few minutes to let the Quick Install do it's thing is worth the shrinkage.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The videos look fine on my Treo 650. I suspect that a lot of the reduction in size is because of reducing the resolution to what the Treo can display with it's 320x320 display.

Here are the file sizes I posted in a different thread, for 1/2 hr TV show:

mpeg-2 (704x480): 1027,982 bytes (*.mpg)
    mpeg-4 (704x480): 463,002 bytes (*.avi)
    ASF (320x208): 106,368 bytes (*.asf)

Spending a few minutes to let the Quick Install do it's thing is worth the shrinkage.
    Did you notice much difference is visual quality when played on the treo between those files?
    So far, I have played only the ASF file on the Treo 650. It played just fine. I have lots of MP3's loaded on my 1GB SD card.

I'll copy the mpeg-4 (DivX) file to the card using a card reader and play it using TCPMP. I don't expect the results to be that different.

(704x480)/(320x208) = 5

So, a reduction by a factor of 5 is expected from the reduced resolution alone. Why waste SD Card space with higher resolution than 320x320?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast