Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by touchless058
    i just tryed to download the core media player which files do i use please help
    Best bet: If you have an SD card, move all the files to /palm/launcher/ on the SD card. Most of the files are drivers for different multimedia file types. If there are some you will never use, you can just delete them (use FileZ or other file manager).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by touchless058
    how do watch videos and what kind can you watch
    Just copy the video to your SD card. Do a search on this forum, there are threads to show you how to make your own videos for Treo playback using free software.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3
    does this play windows media video files? or is there any player that does? it seems that just about every video file on the internet is now wmv
    Its easy to play WMVs on the Treo 650 - if you launch the Palm desktop and switch to the Media application, you can just drag and drop a WMV file onto the "Device" or "SD Card" and it will be converted to ASF format and downloaded to the Media player in the Palm at the next Hotsync. You can also drag WMV files to the Quick Install application if you'd rather not use the Media Application.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    O.K. so there is still a little hope?
    a LITTLE hope on removing the white border. It doesn't look good though.
    i mean it would be nice like whne your visiting a forum and someone post a wmv fille you could download it and watch it, all from your palm.

just go to blog.treonauts.com

They have a link to a FREE video player called "The Core Pocket Media Player"

I can barely contain myself.

-No more shrinking video's to fit onto 320x320 screen
    -No loss of video quality
    -AND IT CAN ROTATE THE SCREEN!

OMG!
    Hi Atif,

Thanks for pointing to my original post about TCPMP - like you I believe that it is absolutely awesome!

Seeing this thread, many other emails that I received and a ton of time consuming evaluations, I thought that it might be time to write a post about how to best get those videos on to our Treo.

Here you go: http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/08/videonauts_as_s.html

Cheers, W.

PS: My original review of TCPMP can be found here:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/04/omg_now_full_vi.html
    how do u rotate the screen?
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deminis
    how do u rotate the screen?
    On the bottom right you tap "Pref"

Then on the bottom center tap "Video"

The second on the left you will see "Rotate"

You can set the screen rotation for the GUI (initial screen) and for "Full" what you get when you tap "Full" on the initial screen.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i tried it on without a paddle. 1.78mb/min and the quality was ugly! i read somewhere about somebody suggesting 1.78mb/min. another problem was there was no sound? what should i do
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I use FairUse Wizard and just adjust the bit rate until it the resolution is 320 pixels wide, that's the important part.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    QUick question,

How do i view my playlist? When I tap the TCPMP button I only see options for adding files or clearing the playlist. How do I actually view it?

I want to skip around in my playlist but I have no idea how to bring it up after I add the files.

just go to blog.treonauts.com

They have a link to a FREE video player called "The Core Pocket Media Player"

I can barely contain myself.

-No more shrinking video's to fit onto 320x320 screen
    -No loss of video quality
    -AND IT CAN ROTATE THE SCREEN!

OMG!

Granted using normal computer sized files are huge, but SD cards are only getting cheaper and what is your time worth? I've already spent WAY too much time playing with other video players to get files that will fit 320x320 and will play o.k. and look o.k. You will NOT believe how good this looks.

O.K. enough babbling, just go down load it (IT IS FREE!) and I'm sure other posters will point out bad things about it or problems and nitpicks, but I'm un-installing mmplayer and smartmovie right now and NEVER LOOKING BACK.

The next question is this, what is the best program to rip DVDs? Now that I don't have to make them fit 320x320 I can just rip them and be happy and either watch them on my computer or my Treo!

I tried this and couldn't get more than a black screen ??? Can you lend a helping hand ? I mean I need help !!! ( walk through steps ?)
    Quote Originally Posted by playscovering
    I tried this and couldn't get more than a black screen ??? Can you lend a helping hand ? I mean I need help !!! ( walk through steps ?)
    did you install any of the codecs? they come seperately.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by playscovering
    go to:

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about

Click on "download" which is the third option on the left under "Navigation"

Under "Palm OS" click on "latest version - 0.66"

Then click on:

"tcpmp.palmos.0.66.zip"

which should be highlighted in pink

Save the file to your computer and then unzip it (Windows XP allows you to open the folder without unzipping it)

double click "tcpmp.htm" to open and read the installation instructions.

Follow those instructions which are pretty clear.

As has been pointed out, you need to install the tcmp.prc program AND the different codec's to be able to open/play files. If you have a specific file that doesn't play, check what format it is, you may need to install a different codec for that specific file.

Good luck!
    0.66g is the latest version
    0.66i is the latest version, but I would advise to stay away from it since it has problems with the Treo 650.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    0.66i is the latest version, but I would advise to stay away from it since it has problems with the Treo 650.
    Look again. 0.66i3 is the latest and works perfectly with the Treo 650.
    That's odd! It's not displayed on the beta page, but since the URL is guessable it's easy to find now that we know it's there.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Look again. 0.66i3 is the latest and works perfectly with the Treo 650.
    It's now 0.66j

version 0.66j:
    -language CS updated by Triple T
    -WinCE: codepage handling fixes
    -WinCE: stereo mode (swapped,join,left,right) fix
    -PalmOS: Treo650 exit crash fixed (Treo650 screen blanking feature removed)
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/24/2005 at 02:12 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I have a dumb question: Where can I get a sample video to watch after installing "tcpmp"
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast